CPS3 Emulation Discussion: REAL playable in mame32k++

Announce and share your kaillera mods here.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

CPS3 Emulation Discussion: REAL playable in mame32k++

Postby morphus56k » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:33 am

seems CPS3 is emulated ;)
http://haze.mameworld.info/
yay now we can enjoy those happy CPS3 games
soon!
ImageImage
photos grabbed from Haze's page , a mame dev
Last edited by morphus56k on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
morphus56k
56k-man

Postby HAGGAR » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:09 am

Great news. Now we can play SF III series in MAME very soon.
Turkish Information About Kaillera:
http://kaillera.vze.com
HAGGAR

Postby Kurgan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:13 am

HAGGAR wrote:Great news. Now we can play SF III series in MAME very soon.

Got a source for that information?

Not that I particularly care, but it'd be nice to get this CPS3 speculation crap out of people's systems finally...
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby HAGGAR » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:20 am

morphus56k wrote:seems CPS3 is emulated ;)
http://haze.mameworld.info/
yay now we can enjoy those happy CPS3 games
soon!
photos grabbed from Haze's page , a mame dev

This post is my source. I think CPS-3 is emulated and we'll play CPS-3 games very soon
HAGGAR

Postby HAGGAR » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:21 am

I believe mame developers emulated CPS-3
HAGGAR

Postby morphus56k » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:47 pm

ladies and gentlemen CPS3 IS EMULATED!!!!!!!!
now all we need to do is wait for a emulator link XD
Source and more photos: http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.p ... cc8d26721f
morphus56k
56k-man

Postby HAGGAR » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:43 am

Is CPS-3 games needs CPS-3 BIOS file to run these games. If they need, where can we download it?
HAGGAR

Postby dandesousa » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:37 am

HAGGAR wrote:Is CPS-3 games needs CPS-3 BIOS file to run these games. If they need, where can we download it?

Cannot download the bios, dump it from your own hardware that you must own.

~dan
Hypocrite?
http://daroms.com - The Place for Da Roms!
dandesousa

Postby Kurgan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 am

Yep, looks like Mamedev is actually working on it.

As a person who couldn't care less about Jo Jo's, Street Fighter III, and Warzard (all but the last have been perfect on the Dreamcast for years now already), I say "big whoop."

But, at least the CPS3 fanboys will stop complaining!

The games require the roms, and the CD images (or perhaps they'll use CHD's I dunno, but the original system was disc based) which have been available at various places on the 'net for years now (but knowing mamedev they'll probably be re-named).

The thing that was really holding the project up was the decryption scheme. Otherwise it's not that much more difficult to emulate than CPS2, from what I've read.

Now the big question is, will this force the SF fanboys to actually ugprade?

Will they refuse to use mame32 plus plus, HKaillera and other updated mame32k clients?

Will we see a "special .64 hacked to support CPS3" out? LOL

And will Street Fighter 3 actually appear in the "most played games" list on the main site?

I got the impression that CPS3 just wasn't as popular as CPS2. We had like 10 Street Fighter games before we finally got part 3 and by then most people didn't care anymore or had moved onto 3d. That and the cd-based system was extremely temperamental and constantly breaking down, which was very expensive and frustrating for arcade operators (far worse than cps2). Capcom actually abandoned this new hardware and went back to CPS2 in the final years of its 2d arcade run, again, from what I've read.

For any true fans of these six games (actually 3), I'm glad you got your wish (or will soon), but really, I don't see what the big fuss is about. This isn't as big as some of the other "milestones" that mame has had! If it wasn't encrypted, it'd have been done ages ago.

After all, Mamedev has a self imposed rule these days against emulating (in their public builds anyway) games that are less than 3 years old, but 1999 was 8 years ago people, EIGHT YEARS!

If they emulate the disc and everything though, I imagine it won't be very good for online play (at first anyway... I mean after all, they have people playing "winning eleven" psx don't they?).
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:15 pm

Just FYI, emuchrist.org is reporting this:

CPS3 Emulator Preview Test version
Posted by Brad on Wednesday, June 20 2007 - 17:24PM

Elsemi has released the first CPS3 emulator for a preview. To quote from the author:

This is a preview version of my CPS3 emulator. Here you
can see the current work-in-progress state of the emulation.

There are still a lot of missing features to emulate properly so don't report any emulation errors yet. The missing features include (and the effect caused by them missing) :

Sprite Zoom: you'll see the sprite tiles (squares) not being properly aligned or with gaps
Fullscreen Zoom: Sometimes it seems like the camera is not pointing to the action
Per-tile palette selection: some colors (a lot in some games) are wrong
Priorities: objects that are over the background when they should appear behind
Linescroll: Floor 3D effect missing. SF32ndi scrolling letters in intro missing.
Linezoom: I don't know where is it used :)

CPS3 Emulator

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

That's the download page, but it's down right now. When it comes back up, you can finally see for yourself!

PS: Here's a babel fish translation of that link (the opening post by "Wesker" with the screenshots) you posted (a spanish forum I guess):

Published Message: Sab Jun 16, 2007 10:11 a.m. Subject: to to icon_mocker emulator New of CPS3: Information, WIPs, doubts... To respond mentioning Your ElSemi friend already you have given to permission for enseñaros its new emulator me for of CPS3 Windows. AT the moment I will not say the name but if to another interesting information: IT YOU COMPLETE UPDATE: 20- JUNE - 2007 to 22:00 1, EMULATED GAMES - JoJós Venture - JoJós Bizarre Adventure - Street Fighter III: New Generation - Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - Street Fighter III: Third Strike - Warzard/Network Earth 2. STATE OF THE EMULATOR - CPU: Emulated - Graphical: or Tiles 8x8: Emulated or Tiles 16x16: Emulated or Sprites: They plows, but with errors or global Offset: Emulated or Trowel of colors of sprites: Some or, to other badly or Tileflip within tileblok: Not emulated or Zoom lens lens: Not emulated or Priorities: Not emulated or Linezoom: Not emulated or Linescroll:Preliminar - Sound: Emulated - Controls: Emulated - CDROM: Partially emulated. AT the moment the games start in NoCD way 3, FAQ P: To that speed works the games? R: With 3.2 Ghz with himself AT the moment to speed of about 300 ~ 400 fps with Street Fighter III: Third Strike in way multicpu (updated) P: That romsets you use the emulator? R: The officials of SUCK. P: Emulator Works the in Vista Windows? R: If, perfectly. P: Emulator It will be to separate or it will be included within Nebula? R: Emulator AT the moment it is to separate... but it dog that translade all I cosay myself to the Nebula (updated) P: Emulator When the publishes itself? R: Final The version will be published when it works well, but AT the moment is to beta in nebula.emulatronia.com (updated) P: But the games really work? R: If, it even watches the photos... with certain graficos errors, but they plows jugables. P: You dog give links me to ROMs and CHDs? R: No, nothing of those things aqui. P: and to the emulator? I want to be beta to to tester R: The the USA the version 0.0a that there is in nebula.emulatronia.com (updated) P: We will have port to Xbox? R: ElSemi says: I do not believe that xbox with the emulator dog 4. CAPTURE (17/06/2007 - 23:20) (19/06/07 - 16:40) (19/06/07 - 20:20) NEW! (20/06/07 - 00:00) If teneis commentaries, doubts, I contribute or any welcome thing that happens sereis to you in this thread Wink
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Haze's page and the download page are both down of course!

Postby Kurgan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:23 pm

There, new topic split off from the previous (old) discussion!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby morphus56k » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Kurgan wrote:.

Now the big question is, will this force the SF fanboys to actually ugprade?

Will they refuse to use mame32 plus plus, HKaillera and other updated mame32k clients?

Will we see a "special .64 hacked to support CPS3" out? LOL

And will Street Fighter 3 actually appear in the "most played games" list on the main site?

i hope so, SF3rd stirke gained alot of popularity lately in the arcade scene, so this might make all those mame 64k players jump to the newest one :')
if someone created a special .64 to support cps3 ,it would be a major bummer :'*(
morphus56k
56k-man

Postby civilian » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:20 am

Should be a good thing for those emulators as the only mames that are widely used out there these days are MAMELON and MAME32k0.64
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby Kurgan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 am

I hope .64 crashes, burns and is never heard from again.

Seriously, I mean, if your PC is literally six years old, maybe it's time to finally upgrade...

(and I say that as a guy who hasn't upgraded in about 3 years)

I can't imagine that .64 could be "hacked" to support this stuff anyway, it would require so much of a code rewrite, it'd be more work than it would be worth...

The thing is, people keep using .64 because they FEAR that if they use something else (nevermind that they can use as many emulators as they have hard drive space) then people won't be compatible with them and can't play together.

But, if you "hack" .64 to support different games (not just enabling ones that were always in the source but commented out due to bugs or something), wont' that be incompatible with old versions of .64?

So you really have the same problem, you're just masking it by CALLING IT .64, which fools the .64 kiddies into thinking that ".64 = stable."

.67 was a little bit hiccupy compared to .64, but we've long past moved on from there.

I admit that from .110 to .115 (haven't even tried .116u1 yet) the blit effects were altered so IMHO they don't look as nice on my PC monitor as they used to and some games load slower (because they have to do that "prebuffering" crap beforehand, but that supposedly speeds up play later I guess or something), but the emulation is leaps and bounds better than it was 5-6 years ago...

Maybe forcing people to upgrade could be the shot in the arm that this community needs.

We need to update the site soon!

So okay yeah, I hope this catches on and forces EVERYONE to ugprade to the new kaillera builds!

I don't care a lick about CPS3 games, and this means they'll ignore my attempts to host non-SF/KOF games on kaillera but that's no change from before. At least we'll be rid of that dreaded .64 hegemony created by fearful fanboys...
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:53 am

This conversations should be on http://www.kailleradb.net.

[post by okaygo]

Next

Return to Kaillera Modifications