CPS3 Emulation Discussion: REAL playable in mame32k++

Announce and share your kaillera mods here.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Wow, I sure do have a lot of posts...

Postby mikedot » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:50 pm

GREAT SUCCESS... And hello, everyone.
mikedot

Postby Kurgan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Ah yes. I keep forgetting to post. Feel free to quote me above on there. ;)

I think the nebula emulator page is finally back up, but I haven't tried to download it yet (since I'm at work). Plus there's the inenviable task of tracking down cd images and roms and such. I'm going to just assume since it's been posted and reported by usually reputable sites and it's not April 1st, that it's legit and real. I'm convinced.

It's not finished yet, but getting there. So I imagine within six months time it'll all be set, and people can play these games as easily as they can play any other emulated games of that era. Still, I'm surprised nobody has released a dreamcast emulator with online capabilities. Sure, only people with decent pc's could make use of it, but they could be playing these games online already... pretty close to perfect (and the DC games almost always were arcade perfect + had more features added).
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:30 pm

Well, now a CPS3 capable emulator (with kaillera support) has been posted on Kaillera.com (downloads section).

Enjoy! ;)
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Re: CPS3 Emulation Discussion (the real thing, in development)

Postby Kurgan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:14 pm

I'm told that there's an incomplete cd emulation thing in 4.1 that prevents it from actually allow you to play the CPS3 games, so my bad there.

However, .117 purports to have the CPS3 games fully playable with proper cd emulation so they're all set.

The Mame32 plus plus with kaillera support current to that version is already out here:
http://ddememame.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

I'll ask Etai to upload it to the main page ASAP!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Re: CPS3 Emulation Discussion: REAL playable in mame32k++

Postby Kurgan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Well now we know.. there are several "NoCD" r0m hacks of the CPS3 games, that make them fully playable with no 30 minute wait to "load" at the beginning. These work perfectly in u116u4 and 4.1 as well as .117 of course.

I tested them out and even on my slow obsolete computer they work (though they are only 40% speed with sound and stretched full screen; 1.5 ghz AMD Athlon 2400XP+ which is underclocked from 2.0 ghz, but it's too hot in my apartment to run it full speed, 256 mb sdram, 128 mb video card).

So that's cleared up. You can also in the dip switches menu change the region to US/english, the only thing is you can't change it for online play I don't think. But that's okay, since the language thing shouldn't affect multiplayer.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby gothic_hobbit » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:14 am

I would be interested in one of those hacks Kurgan. Private message me the details if you can please :)
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

Postby gothic_hobbit » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:52 am

I haven't managed to catch you on aim Kurgan. Is there an website where I can download the hack ? Thanks.
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 am

You can search for the t0rr3ntz like I did...

I'm still on vacation for another week, try me then. ;)
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Previous

Return to Kaillera Modifications