HOW DO YOU BUILD MAME WITH KAILLERA ?

Announce and share your kaillera mods here.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

HOW DO YOU BUILD MAME WITH KAILLERA ?

Postby shenglong » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:36 am

hello

how does one go about adding kaillera to mame ?

ingredients:
MAME 0.118 src
mingw-mame-20070617.exe and dx80_mgw.zip
kaillera sdk ?

i basically want the normal (non gui) version of mame with kaillera and be able to run kaillera from the cmd prompt
e.g. mame -window -nomaximize -kaillera

thanks in advance :)
Last edited by shenglong on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
shenglong

Re: HOW DO YOU BUILD MAME WITH KAILLERA ?

Postby civilian » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:38 am

First u'll need to setup mame source. Then on top of that, you'll need to set up MAME+ source. Then on top of that you'll need to set up MAME++ source. Thats about it really. But it takes like an hour or something to compile :P
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby shenglong » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:11 am

killerCivilian wrote:First u'll need to setup mame source. Then on top of that, you'll need to set up MAME+ source. Then on top of that you'll need to set up MAME++ source. Thats about it really. But it takes like an hour or something to compile :P

yup i have that all set up and i can compile mame ... its just about how to add kaillera that i need to know lol
ive been looking at the mameppk source for a little while now and its mind boggling going through it all to see where kaillera.dll methods have been added.

btw i dont want any windows just to be able to run it from the command line so i dont think i need mame+ or ++ right ?
shenglong

Postby civilian » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:37 am

oops :o my bad...

So you want to add kaillera to mame? From the scratch or do you want to use the existing MAME++ stuff?

Yeah you'll need the kaillera sdk as well. Well, I don't think there is any descent/complete documentation out there yet for doing such if you want to do it from the scratch. Your only reference will be kailleraclient.h in the kaillera sdk and existing open source emulators which incorporates kaillera.

Either way, if you want a command line version, you'll need to get your hands dirty. I suppose the obvious difference between MAME++ and what you are after would be activating kaillera netplay when that "-kaillera" argument is set instead of when user selects to activate netplay from MAME++ gui. Also, if you don't want kaillera to have GUI, you'll need to code the client part yourself.
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby shenglong » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 am

bingo from scratch ! dayumn tho why is there no documentation on how to implement kaillera with mame other than in the sdk :/ guess it explains why everyone used 0.64 for years hmm

P.S who is "This MAME32k version is maintained by The mojob Rabbit." as it says on the download page ?

seems like all the kaillera bits are inbetween this block
#ifdef KAILLERA

#endif
shenglong

Postby civilian » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:13 pm

shenglong wrote:bingo from scratch ! dayumn tho why is there no documentation on how to implement kaillera with mame other than in the sdk :/ guess it explains why everyone used 0.64 for years hmm

P.S who is "This MAME32k version is maintained by The mojob Rabbit." as it says on the download page ?

seems like all the kaillera bits are inbetween this block
#ifdef KAILLERA

#endif

Thats The mojob Rabbit. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&c ... arch&meta=
I think he was responsible for mame32k or something. Well, rabbits have a vary short lifespan.

Well, good luck with your work. If you have questions about something in particular on the kaillera side, feel free to ask them here or IM me.
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby okaygo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:18 am

I tried using MAME as a reference, the source was way to huge for me to play with or learn from. Yes, the SDK does suck for Kaillera.
okaygo

Postby shenglong » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:44 am

hey okaygo ... did u have any luck in the end ? can u contact any people who build mame and ask them how they do it ? e.g. mame plus plus guy/s
shenglong

Return to Kaillera Modifications