Merged Multitap (One Controller Multiplayer Games)

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Merged Multitap (One Controller Multiplayer Games)

Postby drakee » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:41 pm

Is there any possible way for Kaillera to support having more than one person on one controller? I'd suppose this might be an on-emulator basis thing, but it seems that controllers are assigned by Kaillera on an on-join basis using each individual's player one settings.

My reasoning for asking this is because of Aerobiz Supersonic under Gens. The game does not support multitap so 4 players are out of the question, yet it allows 4 players to play under 2 controllers. I'm sure there are many other games which do this as well like Jeopardy or some other party games from what I recall.

Overall, I'd have to say Kaillera runs great and fine under most conditions, but this is the only problem I've had so far. Keep up the great work. I know my friends and I are all happy at least being able to relive the memories again even though we're so far apart geographically. Thanks.
drakee

Postby agumon » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:46 am

4 player games like Micro Machines don't work with 4 players under gens because the extra 2 joypad ports were on the cartridge which was custom made and were used to support the other 2 players. This game didn't use an splitter afaik. This custom cartridge thing isn't supported by gens.
agumon

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback