MAME 0.65 OUT !!!!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

MAME 0.65 OUT !!!!

Postby agumon » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:17 pm

First post :P

Check out the info at :

http://www.vg-network.com

the mame team are getting faster at new releases it seems ! lol
agumon

new mame32 also got released quickly after..

Postby fivefeet8 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:49 pm

http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/

Not much new, but Enjoy.. Now waiting for an updated mame32k.. :P
fivefeet8

Postby Fignutz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:53 pm

:o
Fignutz

Postby agumon » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:09 pm

I can only find mame32 0.64 on that site fivefeet !
agumon

Postby fivefeet8 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:20 pm

agumon wrote:I can only find mame32 0.64 on that site fivefeet !

I've got mame32 .65 and using it right now.. Refresh the page.. Or check http://www.emuviews.com for a download link..
fivefeet8

Postby Kurgan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:31 am

It's now up at the regular places http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa along with sources and support files.

Good call.

Then again, not much has been added to this new version.. only a handfull of games (none of which I've even heard of), though the bug fixes might be nice.

About the only game that looks interesting to me is Ribbit (a frogger clone/sequel).

New chd for Killer Instinct. ; )

On the mame32 front, this part sounds good:

Reworked -lightgun handling, enabling independently selectable mouse control for those games. [Chris Kirmse]

The CPS2 fanboys of course will be happy with certain other stuff... heh
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby agumon » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:56 am

Im glad they added that adult version of the qix game. I remember playing that in the arcades years ago but could never remember what it was called ! lol
agumon

Postby Kurgan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:55 am

Gals Panic? Actually there are dozens of "adult" clones of Qix out there.. that entire series and the "Miss World Nude" game and others.

Its probably the second most prevalent pr0n game after mahjong. ; p

PS: I could be wrong about that new chd file.. I was going by the Mame WIP, they seem to audit okay from the last version.

It seems we're falling into a pattern here.. every new release we can count on new Pr0n mahjong and CPS2 games (which incidentally are the two types of games in Mame that are my least favorite!).
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby agumon » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:54 am

Theres actually quite a difference. Fantasia and Gals Panic used real models for the pictures from what ive seen....

The one i remembered in the arcade and which is now finally in mame (called Perestroika Girls) had cartoon pictures that you had to 'ahem' uncover !! And the game also had an very qix feel to it.... basically cause it was the original qix board but with modified graphics.

Theres still some games that im looking to identify, not adult stuff, in particular this really cool motorbike game which had nice graphics for its time....

As for CPS2 games, Capcom sports world isn't too bad. :)
agumon

Postby WingCommander » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:57 am

rofl... Mame is starting to have more patches and faster than Window$ itself...
This story,
has not yet ended...
WingCommander

Postby Kurgan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:16 am

Theres actually quite a difference. Fantasia and Gals Panic used real models for the pictures from what ive seen....

The one i remembered in the arcade and which is now finally in mame (called Perestroika Girls) had cartoon pictures that you had to 'ahem' uncover !! And the game also had an very qix feel to it.... basically cause it was the original qix board but with modified graphics.

Theres still some games that im looking to identify, not adult stuff, in particular this really cool motorbike game which had nice graphics for its time....

Maybe I need to brush up on exactly which games we're referring to, but from what I recall, Gals Panic DOES use cartoons. They're just not the stereotypical "japanimation characters" you tend to see in hentai ("pervert") pr0n. In fact, Gals Panic (or maybe Gals Panic 2) had both cartoonized versions of the women and then "photos" of them. The cartoons being "based" (traced) from the photographs. But its nothing new...

Still, there ARE games that use "real models" (digitized pictures of scantily clad/nude women) such as Miss World '96 Nude, which were in Mame already.

In fact, from what I know.. only the Mahjong games use "anime hentai" style pr0n in them, of all the pr0n games that Mame supports (though maybe the "quiz" games too, but I haven't checked) and maybe Whoopi!(sp?).

Now I haven't played Perestroika Girls (just seen the screenshots), so I can't say for sure. One thing that does differentiate the original QIX from the spinoffs I've seen is that they lack variable draw speed, and include stuff like a "power bar" (at the top, for how well you "outlined" the girlie picture, which is the point in the pr0n games) and two player simultaneous modes (and the fact that if you try to "redraw" an area you already did, your line burns like a fuse). I may have missed some other differences...

Ah well.. at least somebody's nostalgic memories of spending time in a Japanese Peepshow arcade will be forever immortalized in this wonderful emulator of our's. Image
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby WingCommander » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:49 am

soulctcher wrote:
WingCommander wrote:rofl... Mame is starting to have more patches and faster than Window$ itself...

Actually, it's pretty much always been like that. Back in the day, when mame first started coming out, releases were sometimes like every week or two. In fact, there were a couple releases back to back sometimes.
-SC

Well, I got myself into MAME at 0.57 I think, and at that times new version was released each two months aprox... and 0.61 or 0.62 (cannot remember well) took a lot of time more than the previous ones... so this kind of "frantic" releases is a bit scaring :roll:
This story,
has not yet ended...
WingCommander

Postby Fignutz » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:16 pm

ahhhhhhhh Mame=pr0n lol :drinking:
Fignutz

Postby Scarlet spidey » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:25 pm

Kurgan wrote:Gals Panic? Actually there are dozens of "adult" clones of Qix out there.. that entire series and the "Miss World Nude" game and others.

Its probably the second most prevalent pr0n game after mahjong. ; p

PS: I could be wrong about that new chd file.. I was going by the Mame WIP, they seem to audit okay from the last version.

It seems we're falling into a pattern here.. every new release we can count on new Pr0n mahjong and CPS2 games (which incidentally are the two types of games in Mame that are my least favorite!).
No, Pancho: Sexy Reaction is:)
-Boom!
-Kaboom!
-Kasploosh!
Scarlet spidey

Postby Wildman55 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:24 pm

So "Qix" is the original name for the games in which you outline photo images...I've always wondered if it was just a pr0n thing.

I still can't figure out how to do well in games like Fantasia and Miss World Nude though....it seems that if you DON'T draw on the flashing parts of the model itself, you get "points" (+1-5), and if you just make little sketches at a time, you won't "lose" any "points". If you "hurt" the model by making too large of a sketch you lose the points.....so I don't really understand the purpose of it.

Then there are real points at the bottom of the screen which seem to be awarded independently of whether or not I gain +1-5 or lose it.
Wildman55

Next

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback