2nd Master server?!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby bluedragonx » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:06 pm

Maybe I will too Von, but I'd rather play that in the arcades first before the lamers jump over every frickin emu site.
You either END GAME or you don't play the game at all!!!
bluedragonx

Postby isamu » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:28 pm

Rob wrote:why put bandaids and scotch tape on it when with a few hours of tweaks and work, it could be something so next level, it would make aliens shake in thier boots?

there are a lot of legit gamers out there that want to play that have pings over 100. it sux to see the author lose passion. incorperating something as simple as chatroom operators, nick reg database, and 1 connect per IP, would stop ALL OF IT

Kaillera is a seed inside a tiny box that is not being allowed to grow. Judging from the looks of it, Im assuming christophe will never see these posts, so I will stop badgering you guys about this stuff. :drinking:

Rob...I have read your posts and have nothing but respect for what you're trying to do. I agree 100% with everything you said and share your passion and frustration with what's going on in Kaillera. You and I are on the same page. I don't think the majority of people here give as much of a mojob as we do.

People...Deny it all you want but Kaillera is dying a slow death because the author has basically left it out in the sun to rot and dry. This is really sad. I have just come from playing a couple of games on a few servers and nothing has changed. Anything over 100ms ping gives me lag and stuttery performance.

It's really a shame because xbox live is getting so much praise, yet it has such a pathetically small library of games and *ONE* fighting game. Kaillera is so unique in its position to stand for something great...old school 2D classic games that can be played online. It doesn't get any better than that.

Rob, believe me...If I had the money or technical knowledge I would do everything I could to help, so we can get this project worked one by somebody who CARES! Someone who is willing to tweak this puppy and refine it so we can improve the experience.

Honestly...I don't give a rat's ass about cosmetics, chat room moderation and all that jazz....though those things are certainly welcomed. The *ONLY* thing I ask for is an improved backbone server and perhaps and broadband only version of kaillera to help cut down on lag. A reliable "non-desycable" connection and lagless kaillera experience is really all I'm asking for. At this point, it appears the only way I can acheive the fulfillment and all around experience I'm looking for is to fly to Japan and open my own arcade :(

Christophe if you're still alive, if you're still breathing, I hope you read these messages and dig deep into your soul and find the person that used to care about this project. Bring him to the forefront and let him see that there are people who are greatful for this program but feel it should be treated with care and not left hung out to dry.

I refuse to turn to the darkside and give in to lame 3D shooters like Quake and Unreal to get my online fix :evil:
isamu

Postby FuguTabetai » Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:20 am

isamu wrote:Honestly...I don't give a rat's ass about cosmetics, chat room moderation and all that jazz....though those things are certainly welcomed. The *ONLY* thing I ask for is an improved backbone server and perhaps and broadband only version of kaillera to help cut down on lag. A reliable "non-desycable" connection and lagless kaillera experience is really all I'm asking for.

Isamu, you can get that already. You just need to buy server space with an ISP on a good connection. Then set the ping limit to <30ms or something.

Trying to get "lagless" games with high pings just isn't possible. None of the games that are being used in an emulator were written with any concept of network play in mind - you just can't apply techniques that are used for games that are written from the ground up with network play in mind.

I do wish either Christophe would do some more work on Kaillera, or open source it so others could, but I still enjoy it immensely.

fugu
[url=http://FuguTabetai.com/]
[/url]
FuguTabetai
Super-Helper-Helpydude

Postby isamu » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:07 pm

FuguTabetai wrote:Isamu, you can get that already. You just need to buy server space with an ISP on a good connection. Then set the ping limit to <30ms or something.

fugu

Fugu...how do I go about buying more server space? I already have dsl and get about 1.5mb downstream and 128k upstream. How much more server space do you recommend to get an *almost* lag free setup?
isamu

Postby FuguTabetai » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:38 am

isamu wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:Isamu, you can get that already. You just need to buy server space with an ISP on a good connection. Then set the ping limit to <30ms or something.

fugu

Fugu...how do I go about buying more server space? I already have dsl and get about 1.5mb downstream and 128k upstream. How much more server space do you recommend to get an *almost* lag free setup?

Find an ISP that gives you a shell account, will let you run a kaillera server, and has really good backbone connections. Then, set up your server, and only allow pings < 30 ms or so. Games on that server will be great (for the people that can get in.) Note that this should cost you some cash.

fugu
[url=http://FuguTabetai.com/]
[/url]
FuguTabetai
Super-Helper-Helpydude

Previous

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback