Update the Download Page (and links) PLEASE!!!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Update the Download Page (and links) PLEASE!!!

Postby Kurgan » Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:48 pm

Hey, I know TFR just released mame32k .67, but every server I see 99.99999% of people have no idea that its available, they're all still using the old version. They of course have no idea about TFR's site and what/where it is.

A few even refused to believe it was real or superior (go figure).

If the news/announcements and download pages are updated, that would help and go a long way to get people to start using the new stuff.

Also the links page should be updated (a few of those go nowwhere as the sites have changed/died). New versions of lots of kaillera compliant emulators are out, but people in the servers are almost completely clueless.

Sorry for the rant, but it is true. Sadly, the news sites usually talk about "Uomame32k" which most people don't seem to associate with KAILLERA MAME (even though its easy to figure out).

What good reason could these folks possibly have to prefer .64 over .67??

Get the word out, this program rocks!!!

Update: Well, we've waited almost a month... please post it up!
Last edited by Kurgan on Wed May 07, 2003 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Fignutz » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:57 pm

:drinking: :drinking: some are having minor problems with 0.67
Fignutz

Postby gear323 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:29 am

I for one think TFR Webpage is so much of a mess that people don't want to hurt their eyes looking at it. That may be why not that many people download it from there or bookmark the site.

I decided not to just complain about his site, but actually try to do something about it so I threw togeather a website for him. I think it is an improvement over the site now.

Anyway TFR If you would like a Zip file of the site so you can put it up let me know, I'lll send it to ya. you can view it here.

http://valmera.com:1025/tfr/index.html

I hope you will use it!!

Anyway either way, I will be taking it down in 3 days so let me know

I sent you an Email at your hotmail address
View my website here:
http://www.qualitykingdom.com
gear323

Postby Viet Cong » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:20 am

Before it goes down Gear, I must say very nice work, its a good organized layout, web skills. What most must of us dont realize is, TFR and the kaillera author dont profit from this free time venture, so why should they go all out to provide us a free way to enjoy this online ability.

TFR site I must say is a good site with the art work and do we know how his site even stays up. You see, this is an example of how people lose site of how good we have something. Look back to when MameK wasnt even updated, and alot of other authors use to make K mames; Stretchmame, Sword mame. Now only TFR takes the time to keep it up to date. Did you all notice that when the K mame is updated, its Kaillera author himself who announces it, I believe its also him who updates this site with that.

The people who dont want to go to TFR site to get it, are the waste of time people I stay away from anyway, they arent worth anyones time. Just remember every other Mame K was updated to this site, this release is no different, patients people and never forget the people who make this possible.
Think of yourselves, would you like it if people bug you about things you are going to get around to anyway but they are so impatient.
When Skills Ruled
Viet Cong

Postby gear323 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:12 am

I sure as hell realize how much work TFR puts into making each release of mame32k. I also realize that he does not make any money from that work and that he does not have to do anything with his site. I would not complain about anything that was free unless i was willing to contribute to try to make it better. The main reason I made that site is because I wanted to give somethig back to TFR just incase TFR wanted a better website but either did not have the time or want to spend the time to do it.

I always wanted to give somethig back to anyone involved in making mame happen but I do not have any programing skills. So that is about all I can give back to show my appreciation for the work he has done.

If he wants the website great! if not, tha'ts ok to.
I'm just offering an update, he does not have to take it nor will I be upset if he likes his site better and does not want to use the one I made.

it took me about 2 hours to put it togeather, no big deal.

Cong: (infact I made it after we played SF2 and turf masters on kaillera last night)
View my website here:
gear323

Postby Viet Cong » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:49 am

Gear no.
I was referring to the thread starter mang.
Your version of the website kicking espeacially in such short time.
When Skills Ruled
Viet Cong

Postby gear323 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:10 pm

OK I made another Update to TFR's Website using a Free Web Template.

Here is the new Site
http://valmera.com:1025/tfr2/index.html
View my website here:
gear323

Postby Viet Cong » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:27 pm

I believe your first one is the nicest still.
When Skills Ruled
Viet Cong

Postby Kurgan » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:50 pm

Death to winXP!

So far I've only met like four people who use .67 on the kaillera servers I use.

Everybody else either has never heard of it or is afraid to try it. : (

No offense TFR, but you make a great mame32 port, but you have an awful website. ; )

I think he knows that, and I figured it he may have done it on purpose, so that somebody would offer to make him a decent page. I thought his page was hilarious (the big bunny and the colors) but it didn't matter 'cause people knew where this site was and how to download from here.

If the main page is updated, I'll stop complaining, really. All I care about is that people get to appreciate this man's (men's) hard work. ; )

Seriously, here are the responses I got when I told people about 32k.67:

Kurgan: Mame32k .67 is out, get it from here: (TFR's site)
Guy1: What is so good about it?
Kurgan: Well for one, it supports 109 more games than the old version.
Guy1: I probably won't ever play any of those poop games.

Guy2: Does it support KOF2k2?
Kurgan: No
Guy2: Then who cares.

Guy3: I heard it wasn't as good as .64.
Kurgan: Really? What did you hear about it?
Guy3: I don't remember.
Kurgan: Where did you hear it?
Guy3: I don't know.

Kurgan:Mame32k.67 is out, get it from here: (TFR's site)
Guy4:Okay, thanks.
Kurgan: Now we're getting somewhere!
Guy4: (downloaded it) Now can we play KOF2k2?
Kurgan: Um, it doesn't support KOF2k2
Guy4: (goes offline)
Kurgan: Sigh...
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:00 pm

PS: That page looks very clean and nice.

Hope Rabbit likes it!

Yeah, every emu author deserves a cold one for taking the time to make cool stuff. Christophe and TFR rock.. no doubt. But I think they only hurt themselves (not just their adoring fans) when they don't give their works adequate publicity.

That's what we're trying to do to help.... ; )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby christophe » Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:48 pm

The servers are updating. It should be on the front page tomorrow.

-Christophe
christophe
tiny god

Postby gear323 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:24 pm

Sweet!
View my website here:
gear323

Postby Kurgan » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:34 pm

I TOLD YOU GUYS HE WAS ALIVE!!!!

But seriously, thanks C. ; )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Fignutz » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:55 pm

Kurgan wrote:I TOLD YOU GUYS HE WAS ALIVE!!!!

But seriously, thanks C. ; )
:drinking: :drinking: sure did! :o
Fignutz

Postby Kurgan » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:59 pm

You're late! j/k ; )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Next

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback