Forum Colours

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Forum Colours

Postby RenegadeUK » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:00 pm

Just thought id comment on the colours of the forum, they are very hard to read at times especially when you have white text on a grey background for quotes and grey text on white backgrounds in other places, i'm not sure if this is just my monitor but sometimes I find it better to not even bother reading certain parts of posts because the colours are so hard to read from. No offense to the forum designers or anything im just trying to suggest an improvement to the forum to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
RenegadeUK

Postby Viet Cong » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:08 pm

Now I see black text on blue background, It's an adventure to make out the text. The yellow header bars seem humourous because it stands out from everything on the page. I feel the last style was fine and I dont remember ever seeing grey text on white backgronds.
When Skills Ruled
Viet Cong

Postby toqer » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:39 am

I'm thinkin we have a theme contest...

I think me and SC are a little biased (I know I would pick my designs over his :P) (it's a joke, laugh bud :)

We do have quite a few users that could submit redesigns pretty easily in the form of CSS sheets and what not..

For those of you that can't wait and want that 3l33t green on black old school h4x0r style, check out my theme, I disabled overide user theme btw...sp just go into your profile and change it there.

Maybe not even make a contest outta it, there's a lot of different style gamers in kailleraland, have differnt themes based on THEIR tastes,

Old skool vector (uhh see toqthemes)
Street fighter
KOF
Racing
Sports
transformers (had to toss that one out for SC)

Hell, I could go on and on. Point is, let's let the users submit some themes and let em choose what they like. Can I make a goatse theme?

--toq
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby random » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:40 am

a Viet cong's colour stile would be fine, friendlier with the eyes.
random

Postby RenegadeUK » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:47 am

I think you'll find the header bars used to have grey text on a white background and the quotes used to be grey backgrounds with white text.
RenegadeUK

Postby Viet Cong » Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:58 pm

That was a good idea, the admins can add many forum scheme choices. Then we choose the forum style from the profile menu and the original style (before the yellow and black) should be there too.
When Skills Ruled
Viet Cong

Postby Vonism » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:52 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby toqer » Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:28 am

Hey SC no word back from you yet...

Sortof OT oFFT but have you heard from -C recently? I'm asking because if users did submit some PHPBB themes, depending on the extent of the customization we might have to upload stuff. Just curious because I didn't know if -C gave you access to his box or not.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback