Ideas for Kaillera Bug Fixes and Features

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Ideas for Kaillera Bug Fixes and Features

Postby Aaron » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:51 pm

The next version of Kaillera should get rid of the "Waiting for Players" screen after the game is loaded up. It creates unnecessary netsync timeouts. To reduce confusion of whether desyncing will occur due to compatability of new versions of emulators, the config file that comes with the Kaillera server should provide an option whether to accept only MAME32K (certain version) emulators or WinKawaks (certain version), etc.

To add personality to Kaillera, implement a Tournument mode where 16 players can play in one game without the confusion of swapping controls.

That's all I can think of now. I would implement the changes if I knew how to successfully hack into Kaillera.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:08 am

Sorry for the double post, but there are more ideas that are noteworthy to mention.

For the next version of Kaillera, joining into games would be a feature but users are prevented from turning off games that are already in progress. Some users have the capability of doing that so more protection should be added as well.

Server owners should modify the maximum ping allowed in the CONF file. There's minimum ping restriction, but the maximum ping is more important. On my server, there are people with pings of 214 ms and above.
Aaron

Postby byblo » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:01 am

lol. just lol.
byblo

Postby BlaztTheSpeakerzX » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:48 am

This has been attempted before. I have posted millions of topics about these ideas. They have been brought up before. Unless you are a programer and can resolve and add some of the things you say then I think you have a shot.

Otherwise your just another guy with a Dream like me.
I wish I could do more for kaillera, but all I have to offer is "The -X- Team"

I am however, constructing a Tournament Program using SQL Databases with the assistance of many -X- members. I plan to eventually use it for all kaillerans.

It would be nice to fix that unnecessary netsync timeouts. That bug causes or should I say enable people to hack into your game and close the game.
However, thankfully to some -X- members we have a copy of MAME that will not allow it to close. Right now, we are looking to re-program it for public use.

Lets hope you can do something. If you require assitance or more ideas, feel free to contact me. BlaztTheSpeakerz@aol.com

Thanks. -BTS
BlaztTheSpeakerzX

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback