Mame .73 is out!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Mame .73 is out!

Postby Kurgan » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:49 am

No Mame32 version+source yet as of this writing....

Not many new games added, but on a good note, they finally fixed the graphical bugs (due to protection) in TMNT2 and Sunset Riders, yippee!!!

Also another scrolling fighter (Gaia Protectors or something) was included, but I have not played it yet to see if it is any good...

TFR are you alive? ; )

UPDATE: Mame32 QA updated their site with the official Mame32 (including source) along with the usual graphics (icons, snapshots).

Very cool. We've even got some working Genesis games in there (although for now Gens is still better).

So from .67 to .73 that's 145 new games added (some are new clones of course, and not all are multiplayer).
Last edited by Kurgan on Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby toqer » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:14 am

Hey kurg, since you're so up on the mame happenings...

Is it true that between mame .68 and .69 changes were made in such a way that kaillera was harder to implement?
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby agumon » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:53 am

Unofficial mame 32 version here : http://emu.online.tj.cn/host/mameplus/
agumon

Postby Kurgan » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:50 pm

I honestly haven't looked at the source in years toq, and never tried to make my own build, so I can't say.

Where did you hear that rumor?

Btw toq, I read your rant on /. about the DC in the Xbox mame thread, and you got some of your facts wrong. Just thought I'd point that out... ; )
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby toqer » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:45 pm

Kurgan wrote:Where did you hear that rumor?

Btw toq, I read your rant on /. about the DC in the Xbox mame thread, and you got some of your facts wrong. Just thought I'd point that out... ; )

A little voice inside my head told me :/ It was pure speculation.

Which thread on slash? Linkage me my man.

This thread???
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=740 ... &op=Change
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:20 am

No that wasn't it.

And I disagree with you on that one as well.
The most "popular" games have been Dungeons & Dragons Shadow Over Mystara (for a loooooong time) and the King of Fighters series (except KOF99 which dropped after a long stay of popularity).

Sure MSHvC is a popular one, but not nearly as popular as the others.

And the comment about non-Mame kaillera supporting arcade emus being just as popular if not more so is also true... how many people use Kawaks? TONS!! And "Winning Eleven" on ePSXe is the most popular non-arcade game on there, according to the stats.

Anyway, here is the thread (and it was already addressed by other people there, just check the posts directly below your's on the same page):
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/06/23/1441236.shtml?tid=127

Not to flame you or anything of course. =)
I pretty much gathered that you wanted Christophe to quit wasting his time with DC mame and make something for Xbox live. That's just a hunch. =)

But your comments on the "11 games!" thing isn't valid, because for at least as long as C's version of Mame has been out for the DC, there has been MameD DC which always supported more games. In fact I fired up version .57 on my DC a couple of weeks ago and it had tons of games. Granted, these aren't the latest CPS or NeoGeo games, but there's certainly way more than MameDC and the older games run at full speed or very close to it.
Last edited by Kurgan on Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:23 am

Btw, in that last thread you posted t0q, this guy is a real jerk:

Re:One word: (Score:0)
by Anonymous Coward on Saturday August 09, @10:19AM (#6654207)
Too bad kaillera is a disgusting protocol with more problems than contradictions in the bible. At least cristoph has disappeared off the face of the earth so all the kaillera lovers are stuck at this horrible revision and everyone new that has tried it has been instantly driven away. The sooner that thing dies the better, and the sooner someone ports the xmame netcode (which is a lot more sane functionally albeit with a lot less structure), the happier I'll be.

Oh, and as others said more eloquently, you're an idiot. Fighting games over the internet make a lot more sense than f'ing Tapper (undeniable truth indeed). Since you pride yourself on being such a brilliant troll (*cough*), I'll assume that's what you're doing instead of being truly stupid, although why anyone would wear being a moderator at those horrendous forums as a badge of honor is beyond me, troll or no. And you're probably fat. IHBT.

I guess you can't go to slashdot for anything but linux (and xbox) fanboyism.
; p

As to the source issue, Toq, I assume you're being honest here, but if so, I don't know why there hasn't been a new port of Mame32K lately.

I figured just that TFR decided to stop working on it (or whatever) and nobody took his place.

I honestly don't know what the big deal is, because before TFR was given his status as THE mame32k porter, lots of other versions existed. Anybody could download the latest Mame32 source, his old Mame32k source, and the Kaillera SDK and make their own version and distribute it.

Why can't they do that not? It may or may not have anything to do with the source. But if you know something we don't.. spit it out man! = )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby toqer » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:59 pm

i know nothing. Maybe it's time I dropped in on the nullsoft offices again.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby Vonism » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:43 pm

Maybe it's time I dropped in on the nullsoft offices again.

I second that!!!
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby morphus56k » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:53 pm

Dude drop by his cubical and give him some weed, I
bet you see 100% improvement in C- working on kaillera again!
morphus56k
56k-man

Postby Vonism » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:00 pm

if anyone be smoking weed..it would be me (hasnt smoke in a long ass time).
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby toqer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:03 am

I'm still broke ass as hell. I gotta beg people to give me their roaches. When they come over and smoke in my living room, after they leave I double check too see if their ashes have some smoking value.

Wish I had something cool to give -C, i'm working on building a mythtv maybe if I get one working, i'll build an identical one.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby toqer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:33 am

From ronography.com...

09-01-03: Miami, Florida.

08-02-03: Trip to France 2003. Best sign ever. (If you can read french, that is)
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback