more games in a updated list?

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

more games in a updated list?

Postby CrowClock » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:12 pm

will their be more games like Metal Slug 4/ KOF2002/SNK vs Capcom Chaos in the next update?. this is the best emulator and easy to use too. soo yeah just want to know
CrowClock

Postby Fignutz » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:06 am

:drinking: :drinking: Nope!
Fignutz

Postby CrowClock » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:27 am

Fignutz wrote::drinking: :drinking: Nope!
are you one of the guys who helped makeing this emulator? dunno if i trust you.. still it would be sweet or something
CrowClock

Postby HOB » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:02 pm

no one cares
HOB

Postby CrowClock » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:35 am

HOB wrote:no one cares
penis
CrowClock

Postby Kurgan » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:00 am

CrowClock stop trolling or you may find your a$$ banned.. don't say I didn't warn you!

Anyway, the Mame team made a decision to remove all of the post year 2000 games from their latest official version (Mame v. 74) and all ports have followed suit.

So if you want to continue to play post 2000 games in Mame, you either have to use an older build or compile your own, until the Mame team decides to add them back in.

The games were working virtually perfectly (most of them) but I guess they probably got scared of legal action or else somebody who had an "attack of conscience" got in charge and made that policy change.

If the games are "illegal" to play now (and a few months ago when they were still in Mame), they will still be illegal in another 2 years after they are added back in. But who knows... Mame used to only emulate games that were at least 5 years old, then it was 2 years, then 1 year, then less than a year (several versions of Mame prior to the current one had a 2003 hack in it). Somehow King of Fighters 2002 was an exception.. probably because it was made by SNK and popular.

Then there was the fact that up until recently all these modern early games were in the source so anybody could just recompile and play them, and the roms are still readily available from many sites.

My guess is we're back to the "2 years rule" again, but that's just a guess.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby CrowClock » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:07 am

HOLY poop YOUR STUPID im not trolling smarty. if you want trolling go look at the game faqs message board and look at all the tufty polls. besides i didn't knew this. some mod lock this topic

Edit by Kurgan: First rule of any forum, don't insult the moderators. Now go sit in the corner. Image

Does this look like Gamefaqs to you? No? Okay, that's what I thought.
CrowClock

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback