Kaillera should go peer to peer

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby isamu » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:25 am

toqer wrote:I just got it right now..

Unfortunately I have no way of contacting anyone, other than through e-mails, which are the same vectors you can use to reach them.

I also know -C and TFR probably come by these forums daily like I do, they just don't say anything (no news is good news right?)

Kaillera was born during a time when we all had jobs, little worry about things like money, you could get away with anything at work. These days though it's getting tougher to focus on stuff like this. Seriously, between the unemployment and the rising cost of living, a job back where I was is beginning to look like a fast fading memory.

I know everyone wants this for kaillera, or that for kaillera, but it would take a ton of time, skill, and effort to get it to where everyone wants it to be. Call it a hunch, but I think TFR and -C havn't forgotten about us, it's just real life is rough right now and if they are too survive they have to concentrate on that.

Not to mention the mame dev's, their treatment of kaillera in general has been in poor taste too a level which even I cannot sink too ( and I can sink low as we all know)

Just pray the world gets better, pray things go back to the way they were and ought to be. If it does TFR and -C might have the time to work on it again.

--toq

P.S. it's toqer with a Q you nimrod, not G :P

Thanks for the reply man. I understand your point. In the case of -C however, I would say he is FAR from struggling, working for Nullsoft and raking in upwards of what...$100,000? Or more?

I told you...I meant what I said. tell chris to give TFR the mojob source to Kaillera and I will pay TFR ONE GRAND in cash to tweak it and get it running better from the ground up. I'm sure he'd rather do something constructive with his time and earn a cool grand than sit around being broke and browsing the net and watching TV all day.
isamu

Postby toqer » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:10 pm

<i>Thanks for the reply man. I understand your point. In the case of -C however, I would say he is FAR from struggling, working for Nullsoft and raking in upwards of what...$100,000? Or more?</i>
<b>Kaillera was born during a time when we all had jobs, little worry about things like money, you could get away with anything at work.</b>

<i>I told you...I meant what I said. tell chris to give TFR the mojob source to Kaillera and I will pay TFR ONE GRAND in cash to tweak it and get it running better from the ground up. </i>
<b>Unfortunately I have no way of contacting anyone, other than through e-mails, which are the same vectors you can use to reach them.
</b>
<i>Im sure he'd rather do something constructive with his time and earn a cool grand than sit around being broke and browsing the net and watching TV all day.</i>
Yah I would too, but nothings going to change till 2004.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby Vonism » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:05 am

toqer

Yah I would too, but nothings going to change till 2004.

till 2004?!?!?! ok dude. spill it!!! ^_^ :o
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby toqer » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:35 am

I just said 2004 because that's when bush will be gone and we'll all be able to have more free time for fun stuff.

That and Arnie may fix things in California, just a guess. Don't read into what I say too much.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby Mystiq » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:42 am

Does this "getting better" have anything to do with Winamp 5 Pro costing $15? :fadein:
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby toqer » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:10 am

Mystiq wrote:Does this "getting better" have anything to do with Winamp 5 Pro costing $15? :fadein:

No kidding?
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby venom_zx » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:08 am

yes this is what i wanted to say exactly.

i have also played zbattle many times. with also no noticable lag . of course it solves possible connections due to someone being on lan for example. but it also slows things down. its most of the time not necessary.

my suggestion would be to add support for direct connections either by meeting through the kaillera servers or entering the connection information manually . so that people could meet on server only to find eachother.then in cases no direct connection is possible it could be done through the servers. this would result in:

-more speed which was the goal
-less load on the servers meaning more people could play together on one server

i think this is well worth it .but i am afraid that my/our suggestions have fallen on deaf ears. :roll:
venom_zx

Postby Mystiq » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:20 pm

There's also the fact that Kaillera client/server development is basically dead unless someone picks up on the Kaillera protocol and starts going. No one has heard a word from Christophe as of late except him yelling at toqer a bit. The fact that he's still running everything is a shock to me, honestly, but I thank him for it.
Mystiq
Cylian

Previous

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback