Kaillera Hacks

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby toqer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:50 am

It's not that we don't encourage people to "hack" features into kaillera, but do you know how many of these posts me and the rest of the guys with 150<posts have seen?

Kurg, your post count is as high as mine, wanna comment?
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby toqer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:14 am

Ok Ok, i'll help you guys out as much as I can...

First of all, don't expect to get anything working on windows servers. I just don't think it's going to happen. There would be way too much BS trying to get your hack and the built in XPfirewall playing nicely together..

I would recomend a process based firewall for linux/unix. I found one a few months back..

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~raj/comminst/

There it is. I haven't bothered too look at the source, way over my head anyways.

The reason you need a process firewall is simple, you usually won't have root access to edit the iptables, ipchains rules. If you do, more power to you, but a process based firewall would be the best way of blocking users you don't want.

Now let's say you wanted to authenticate users to the server before they came in. Here is how I would do it....

First firewall rule, deny everyone

So anyone hitting the firewall won't be able to get onto your server. The kailleraclient will simply hang with "Connected Logging in" whenever a non logged in user comes in. Now here is the fun part...

2nd firewall rule, allow authenticatedIP

In order to allow an authenticated IP, you could have the user log into a web page, it could be nuke powered, it could just be a stupid form. IT HAS TO GRAB THE USERS IP ADDRESS THOUGH! Once the user has properly logged in, write their IP address out to a file or pipe. You would probably have to use a nested loop on the 2nd rule to account for all the different entries. A non working psuedo VB example because I suck.
'declare variables'
Dim Entries as integer
Dim IPlist as string
Dim IPallow as string
'define variables, chr$255 is the return key I think'
Entries = Instr(iplist,chr$255)
IPallow=IPlist / entries
For I = 0 to Entries

Bah mojob it, you get the idea... good luck.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby isamu » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:11 am

toqer wrote:Ok Ok, i'll help you guys out as much as I can...

First of all, don't expect to get anything working on windows servers. I just don't think it's going to happen. There would be way too much BS trying to get your hack and the built in XPfirewall playing nicely together..

I would recomend a process based firewall for linux/unix. I found one a few months back..

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~raj/comminst/

There it is. I haven't bothered too look at the source, way over my head anyways.

The reason you need a process firewall is simple, you usually won't have root access to edit the iptables, ipchains rules. If you do, more power to you, but a process based firewall would be the best way of blocking users you don't want.

Now let's say you wanted to authenticate users to the server before they came in. Here is how I would do it....

First firewall rule, deny everyone

So anyone hitting the firewall won't be able to get onto your server. The kailleraclient will simply hang with "Connected Logging in" whenever a non logged in user comes in. Now here is the fun part...

2nd firewall rule, allow authenticatedIP

In order to allow an authenticated IP, you could have the user log into a web page, it could be nuke powered, it could just be a stupid form. IT HAS TO GRAB THE USERS IP ADDRESS THOUGH! Once the user has properly logged in, write their IP address out to a file or pipe. You would probably have to use a nested loop on the 2nd rule to account for all the different entries. A non working psuedo VB example because I suck.
'declare variables'
Dim Entries as integer
Dim IPlist as string
Dim IPallow as string
'define variables, chr$255 is the return key I think'
Entries = Instr(iplist,chr$255)
IPallow=IPlist / entries
For I = 0 to Entries

Bah mojob it, you get the idea... good luck.

Togar that is a mojob excellelent ideas! Have you tried presenting those to TFR?
isamu

Postby Mystiq » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:43 pm

I was thinking of a technically much simpler solution.

Insert a hook to the Kaillera process on Windows platforms. Scan all messages relayed by the TCP/IP stack. (This may or may not work if and only if Kaillera server uses callback-type sockets.) You can intercept a connection request before the server ever gets it, examine a few things, and delete the request if it's a user you don't like.
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby Scarlet spidey » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:46 am

sentric wrote:
Scarlet spidey wrote:
toqer wrote:it's sad you can't spell "promise"
It's sad that I wrote that on my 25th hour of no sleep.
It's sad that you can't add anything of value to the conversation ither.

what is ither?
I beleive it's how you americans say either.
-Boom!
-Kaboom!
-Kasploosh!
Scarlet spidey

Postby Vonism » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:04 am

sentric wrote:
Scarlet spidey wrote:
toqer wrote:
it's sad you can't spell "promise"
It's sad that I wrote that on my 25th hour of no sleep.
It's sad that you can't add anything of value to the conversation ither.

what is ither?

whos up for some spelling bee? :D
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:35 pm

What I mean by planning stages is that there isn't anything readily available to show you. It's just talk and conversation. Would anyone like to help out?
Aaron

Postby Mystiq » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:12 am

No poop that's what planning stage means. And it's likely to stay that way.
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby Vonism » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:06 pm

No poop that's what planning stage means. And it's likely to stay that way.

LOL. i know dude.........................................
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Aaron » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:34 am

Mystiq wrote:No poop that's what planning stage means. And it's likely to stay that way.

Not if we can get cooperation. That's the point I'm trying to make. Since I know that *you* specifically have the power to close/hack into games on Kaillera servers, surely you might have some expertise in the area.
Aaron

Postby Vonism » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:07 am

help the dude mystiq and dont be sooooo sarcastic......remember this is for the sake of kaillera... KAILLERA FOR LIFE!!!! aaron- if u really into it then do something!!! hahahahaha mystiq is gonna bitch at me.
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Mystiq » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:41 am

Commence bitching.

I don't know if you've ever actually seen me on Kaillera but know that I don't go around closing games. There are certain people *cough* who use my name and do such things. But that doesn't mean I don't know how to do it, beause I do, I just don't abuse it.
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby xylix » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:10 am

toqer wrote:it's sad you can't spell "promise"

You should be a secretary, you can get paid for correcting mistakes on papers.
xylix

Postby isamu » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:19 pm

guys check out this guy's hack..

http://www.geocities.com/c113481
isamu

Postby Mystiq » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:20 pm

He did nothing to his dll that no one with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET couldn't have done. Took no talent. You can visually edit the client window. It's the exact same way I edited mine. He's parading it around on servers as though it's an official version; makes me sick.
Mystiq
Cylian

PreviousNext

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback