Kaillera dying?

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Kaillera dying?

Postby Heinster » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:47 pm

Sorry to start a topic like this but..... I'm having a great time playing online using kaillera but there are so many small and big things that could be changed to make it even better..... I find it a waste of peoples ideas that are posted here but no real reactions of the peoples who are responsible...

Now ofcourse people can flame me with saying you ungratefull blablablabla.... But look at it from the other site.... If there isn't any interest to improve kaillera SAY SO and make it open source or give it to a party that is interested!!! If there is a will to go further but there isn't enough time to do it SAY SO atleast we know there is still lie in this kitchen!!!! If these comments aren't welcome you shouldn't create a messageboard, I mean you don't make a messageboard just that people can kiss your ass the whole day!!!
Heinster

Postby toqer » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:22 pm

No
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby isamu » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:30 am

Yes
isamu

Postby toqer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:18 pm

Maybe the street fighter vs whatever scene is dying, but kaillera isn't.
toqer
Die-Hard Member

Postby Jing » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:52 am

toqer wrote:Maybe the street fighter vs whatever scene is dying, but kaillera isn't.

lol i disagree =p with spamers crashing servers its kinda hard to even play a game =p
Jing

Postby sentric » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:03 am

not dead. imo, kaillera is on pause.
sentric
Beat Manipulat0r

pause?

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:08 am

It is more like a "COMA" that the kaillera program is in and will remain untill the kaillera code is realesed, fixed and then re-written. Possibly to another server. If that is the reason that it is not in distribution right now, because of to many differnt version running rampid on one server. The answer to that is, have each developer have it"s own server or a designated section for its own use. or what ever it takes to get the code to people that can use it.

It is very unfortunate that Christophe and the others that built this program
would not update there code and let the others be apart of making this program grow .......Unless this is the sick demented plan, of some very deprived people......to make this program this site the forum....build it so they come ..........abandon the project..........watch it grow...to big for it's cage........and there back on the couch smoking crack. watching as all these people come use and play with there poop on there server with every last ip address of everyone that ever used and linked to there server..........smoking more crack and laughing there asses off at everyone going ape poop over there little networking program..................But if that is there plan .......very nice very twisted ......but very nice...........FK it let Kaillera ROt.....use it untill something better comes ...... :evil:
GizMack The Gusher

Postby toqer » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:45 pm

Man how many time I gotta say this..

Christophe still has plans for the moment with kaillera, it's just he's busy as mojob right now.

Kaillera is very high profiles, his bosses know about it. How do you hide something so big?
toqer
Die-Hard Member

how to hide?

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:42 pm

need to find another server................he's in the business.....he knows people.......can find a way.................and i undestand about be busy,, but he should have stated that when he made it..........here it is ...as is no qwestions

still even though it has grown out of his controll.......at least fix the code, so it works better than it does now. If not make it clear that this is all it is ging to be,
so that all the new people that dont know what is going on dont come here looking for answers that can not be giving at this time,,,,,,,,so many people wasting time posting bugs and fixes.........little do they know it cant be fixed, at least not now..............anyways fk it. there are bugs there things that could be better......But basiclly this is one of the best on line gameing server out.... :evil:
GizMack The Gusher

Postby ReDmAn » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:42 am

Going back to the subject of is kaillera dying, i say yes, but it can get last minute CPR if they finally release a good Naomi, or DC emulator, than the fighting gaames on thos systems would give the neccessary boost of life that kaillera needs.
ReDmAn

problem is...

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:12 am

The problem is not with the emulators with K support. You can add what ever games you want ........the problems lie in the code itself........just needs tweeked and updated a little.......that is why none of the emu developers dont care to add it to any new builds, it;s more trouble than it's worth......going to have the same problems that were there from the previous version

So if your looking to add games go ahead it wont un "Pause" or bring kaillera back from the dead................ :evil:
GizMack The Gusher

Postby agumon » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:35 am

I wouldn't complain about something thats free......
agumon

Postby Scarlet spidey » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:20 am

I don't understand why he won't release the source code. Even IF there are 40 versions of kaillera floating around who cares? There are 40 thousand different IRC clients out there, is that a bad thing? Nope.
-Boom!
-Kaboom!
-Kasploosh!
Scarlet spidey

Postby Mystiq » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:25 am

Man how many time I gotta say this..

Christophe still has plans for the moment with kaillera, it's just he's busy as mojob right now.

Kaillera is very high profiles, his bosses know about it. How do you hide something so big?

No one has ever directly said this. Hinted, yes. Said, no. So, is this it now? Kaillera development is not dead, just on hold?
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby Kurgan » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:57 pm

So C- still has plans for the future of kaillera, hey that's great!

For a long time a lot of us just assumed he had given up on the project and was content just to let it "go stale" as it were.

Kudos to him!

However, MY question is, what is stopping all those amateur coders out there from developing new mame32k client builds?

So far all that has surfaced since TFR's last release was a couple of odd KOF2k2 only builds.

At least patch in the more recent games and bug fixes... (though I'm sure plenty of folks would like to keep the 2001-2002 games that are already in there).
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Next

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback