Christophe! Please Add the latest Mame32ks to the main page!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Christophe! Please Add the latest Mame32ks to the main page!

Postby Kurgan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:33 am

This is an urgent request for Christophe to update the main download page of kaillera.com to show the latest mame32k client (and the best), which is Mame32 More! .84u3.

Mamedev has released .u4 and .u5 but there are MAJOR source code revisions, which may mean that it'll be a long time before another mame32k client can be done.

So... to help get people to finally upgrade and dispel the negative feelings the ."64 only" crowd has (due to percieved faults in .67's release a year ago, and the one that's still posted on the main page).

The fact is that everything .64 has, .84u3 has, plus more and better fixes in the 10+ versions that mamedev has released over the past year (wow, a whole year of development!). Plus it has those fabulous neogeo games they want to play so badly, just like the hacks of .64 they are using now. The more people using the same emulator, the easier it will be to find and setup games, rather than having to have a dozen versions on hand, since people don't know what the latest one is.

Granted, some folks will never change, there are still people probably using .82 servers. Nothing can be done about that, but at least, anyone who visits the site should get the latest and best client, and not have to dig through the forums or some japanese site to find it!

Thanks much and I know you must be busy, but at least do this much. Upload 1 file, update one page. Shouldn't take too long!

If anyone is in contact with Mr. Thibault, please let him know about this message!
Last edited by Kurgan on Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby darknatas » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:59 am

i say hit him up on the nullsoft message board cause 1 time i did that and he replyed to me afew days letter...
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:09 am

Cool. I'll have to look up the link to the forums (never visited) unless you have it handy. What's his handle over there?
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby TelMarine » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:35 am

its Christophe. I sent him a PM there almost 3 months ago, nothing so far... Good luck.
TelMarine

Postby Kurgan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:07 am

Okay, it's worth a shot! I just registered (waiting for my confirmation email). I just scanned the moderator list and didn't see his name so I wondered.

Thanks.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby darknatas » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:06 pm

just make a public post and call him out thats what i did i put his name right in the topic so he can see it.....
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby isamu » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:43 am

This is a good suggestion. Any reply so far Kurgen?
isamu

Postby Kurgan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:20 am

Honestly I forgot about this... maybe tonight I'll send out an email and post a topic on winamp forums for him to view.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Scarlet spidey » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:22 pm

Someone give me his email, I'm going to plead with him and offer him money to go open source with kaillera.
I will cry if it's nessicary.
-Boom!
-Kaboom!
-Kasploosh!
Scarlet spidey

Postby Kurgan » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:32 pm

Actually I think it's listed on the main page of this very site. But I haven't tried sending him anything yet. I've just been too busy.

Maybe this weekend I'll give it another shot!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Scarlet spidey » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:09 am

-Boom!
-Kaboom!
-Kasploosh!
Scarlet spidey

Postby Kurgan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:11 am

Okay I finally got off my ass and tried to contact him.

I went over to the Winamp forums, and sent him a PM there, plus did a post in the general forum.

If you wish, you can view it here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1503940#post1503940

Here's hoping he respondes!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:22 am

Whoa got a reply already.

Apparently he has quit Nullsoft. But he supposedly hangs out in the Nullsoft IRC channel sometimes.

This will make finding him more difficult, since I rarely use mIRC.

Anybody want to take shifts looking for him and pointing him this way?

Or show him the link to the thread on nullsoft forum. Anything to get him to make an announcement or put somebody else in charge of the site. Something....
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Mystiq » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:26 am

Please, please, please do not ask to have Kaillera be open source. Closed source to a trusted number of people. If you think the playability with multiple emulators that are already incapable of playing with each other is bad, wait until there are branches of Kaillera that are incompatible with one another. The only thing that should be open source, if any, is the client, so people can customize it. In this case, every client would have to conform to the server's standards so there won't be any uninteropability (is that a word?).

I go on IRC every day, I'll see if I can catch him.
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby t0qer » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:18 pm

No you won't.

ùíù mode/#nullsoft [+b *!*@ool-44c2ec7a.dyn.optonline.net] by Germ
ùíù Mystiq was kicked off #nullsoft by Germ (Can you relate to this)
t0qer

Next

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback