Christophe! Please Add the latest Mame32ks to the main page!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby Kurgan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:57 pm

toqer, I was just going to try to contact you!

Any idea what's going on with -C?
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Mystiq » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:06 pm

The guys in that channel are mojob, and you know it. I've never met a bunch of more hostile people, except maybe some people on Battle.net.
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby Kurgan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:40 am

You didn't mention the open source thing did you? j/k

They did seem awfully bored. I was polite enough and wasn't treated much better. Something about how nightwolf "didn't know who I was" and therefore I needed to be kicked a few times (initiation or something??). The only rule is "the ops will kick you."

Riiight.

I can't believe -C would leave such wonderful folks behind! Well, he knows he's got a community here that appreciates him. But after all these years, one wonders if he even cares. Still, how much effort does it take to just post a message saying "I'm going on vacation indefinately, but I haven't quit this project." One tiny update. "I'm alive!" anything...!

Toqer, you seem awfully quiet, got anything to share that might be helpful? I notice both you and Mystiq had memberships over at winamp forums. I honestly had never been there before (registered but forgot to post, again, it was just to see if I could contact -C).
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Mystiq » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:20 am

I did. According to one of them, the fact that Kaillera hasn't been made open source yet means the project isn't dead.
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby t0qer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:27 am

Yah i'm quiet...

I dunno whats goin on with kaillera. I just keep a don't ask, don't tell policy about it. I'm not going to ask christophe either. He has a bunch of other projects he's workin on atm.
t0qer

Postby Kurgan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:59 pm

Did he have you sign an NDA or something? Or did you just promise not to tell? ; )

Obviously I figure he's working on something else, he has to eat somehow!

But does he have any plans for this site. And can he take 5 minutes and upload the latest mame32k that others have made (like he's done in the past)?

OR... appoint another webmaster to help upload new files?

I've pretty much assumed that he's not going to suddenly start coding a new version of kaillera server here, since he hasn't done that in like 3 years. It's the other stuff that he's letting go that could be handled by somebody else easily.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby t0qer » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:31 am

I just think it's dead.

It's like sex with a new hot girl. At first you're all in love, cumming in 2 seconds, then after 6 months of hittin that ass, it's just the same old ass. You get bored with it and want to go hit some new ass.

Someone told me the other day when I was begging -C to update kaillera, he was working on AVS in winamp. He found some new sexyness, now kaillera is like 4-5 women behind, and long forgotten.

Heck, I don't even play with kaillera anymore. My loss of interest happened way before all the close games hacks, ect came about, and about the time it just totally became a place for street fighter type games.

I think it's safe to say he's done with the project.
t0qer

Postby isamu » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:43 am

And I also think it's safe to say that these games should all be ported over to Xbox Live. Cuz that's where all the old school 2D gamers are heading. I heard that someone hacked XBLive so make emulators compatible with it. Is this true?
isamu

Postby Kurgan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:00 pm

Wait, I thought -C was done with nullsoft?

Or did you last talk to him a long time ago (when he was still working for them)?

Just curious.

As to the relationships reference, well that depends on the person. Not everyone is like that. But I get what you're trying to say. I think. ; )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:19 pm

Well anyway, I've done everything reasonable I can to contact the guy. It seems that Christophe is simply unwilling to communicate with this community, so I give up.

That's the way he wants it, then fine.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Vonism » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:13 am

Kurgan wrote:Well anyway, I've done everything reasonable I can to contact the guy. It seems that Christophe is simply unwilling to communicate with this community, so I give up.

That's the way he wants it, then fine.

kurgan

i know what u mean. i gave up long time ago and i went over to Xbox LIVE! LIVE RULES!!!. -C dont give a F@CK!!!

toqer

wassup amigo? why arent u on msn messenger anymore??

yall take care!! peace!!!!
Vonism
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:58 pm

Well, of course this doesn't stop people from coding new mame32k ports or fixes or putting kaillera support in their emulators. They just will have to work harder for the exposure... but if they've been doing it for the past couple of years, nothing's really changed there.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Yop

Postby 3emeOeil » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:54 am

Yop Kurgan, i'm ok with the request to Christophe...

and...my HK²aillera use these src (mame32 more! 0.84u3)
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby Kurgan » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:39 pm

I posted an announcement about your release in the Announcements forum, but sadly can't update the main page's links. I don't have access to the FTP or HTML of this site, only Christophe does, and nobody can find him. :(
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

:s

Postby 3emeOeil » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:31 am

Oh, first thing, thanks you, then....
i only wish he didn't have any problem...
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

PreviousNext

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback