Fix These Gosh Darn close and flood "Hacks"

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Fix These Gosh Darn close and flood "Hacks"

Postby SlaughterX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:34 pm

I know everyone is sick of this poop, yeah it's cool we have no enter and no clsoe that sometimes works, but we need a newer harder to hack version or somethin...
No such thing as 3 men, you only got one man, in this game that we play for keeps, and it's definately no arcade, bullet's is sprayed...
SlaughterX

Postby Kurgan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:41 am

Until that time (if any) such a release happens, for now it's up to the authors of the various Kaillera enabled emulators to include the anti-hacks BUILT IN to their respective programs.

The people who of course will prevent this from being entirely successful will be the ones who insist on using the obsolete mame32k .64.

But oh well...
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Mystiq » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:59 pm

Does MAMEMore have the flood hacks fixed? I'd be more than willing to start a campaign...
Mystiq
Cylian

Postby darknatas » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:14 pm

no Mystiq mamemore dont but i bet if u manage to make 1 more people who start using the emu...
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:07 am

Someone should contact the Mame32 More! .84u3 author and request that these fixes be added. If they were built in, that's a bit more security.

Then the trouble is getting people to use it. With so many people refusing to use but .64, it's no surprise that the "script kiddies" have a field day.

But, releaseing a stand alone "hacks pack" of programs to defeat the idiot attacks for use with each of the popular kaillera emulators would sure be nice.

And host a bunch of mirrors for it...

It seems to take a lot of effort to track down those files and even then they only work for like one version or something...
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby XxBurning FistsxX » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:07 pm

Theres no more hope..

The only thing we could have now is just something far from kaillera. Something from scratch. Not even kaillera. A whole new thing.
XxBurning FistsxX

Postby Kwaza » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:25 am

Whatever happened to the Mithras project, Did it die or something. I had high hopes for that new client but there is no news on it.
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:41 pm

XxBurning FistsxX wrote:Theres no more hope..

The only thing we could have now is just something far from kaillera. Something from scratch. Not even kaillera. A whole new thing.

And what's to stop someone from mucking that one up too (assuming you can get such a thing accomplished in the first place)?

Every online community has had to deal with script kiddies and cheaters. I say starting a new thing better than kaillera (be my guest) won't eliminate the idiots. You'll just attract new ones...

Without continuous patching to fix every problem, you'll have it, and nobody (not even commercial companies) patch their games forever...
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback