6 player X-men on the horizon?

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

6 player X-men on the horizon?

Postby Kurgan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:47 pm

According to the "whatsnew" in Mame .98 (which I haven't tried yet, I'm on vacation), the support for 6 player X-men by Konami has been "significantly improved."

Has anyone tried it?

If/when it becomes playable this would be a "Holy Grail" I think for online mame play, if only some client version of Mame32k will support it!

HKaillera anyone?
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby gothic_hobbit » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:02 pm

I've tested it and can confirm that it works !
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:09 pm

So you can join as any one of the 6 players? Does it display the full wide screen (it was a 3 screen game)?

Back in the day all we got was 1/3rd of the screen and you couldn't actually play, only stuck forever at the character select screen.

If it is as you say, that'd be pretty awesome! I'll have to check it out when I get home...
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:01 pm

Yep, it looks like it's everything I've dreamed of (the screens merge nicely, only flicker a bit and show the "overlay line" a few times like when the screen shakes in the opening or during a lot of explosions).

And now a client has been released that supports it online! Now to see if I can get it tested with 6 players...

Since Konami's X-Men is emulated basically perfect (it says colors not 100% accurate, but I can't tell the difference without comparing the actual machine alongside), this should work in theory.

Anybody out there test it with more than 4 players? Let us know! Get screenshots!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:15 am

Anybody?
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

6 player X men on the horizon

Postby m.danielSag » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:50 am

I agree. All the VS. fighters with "tag team" type stuff need to have 4 or 6 player options

A new version of Mame32 is out btw. Havent tested it
m.danielSag

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback