playstation 3 and wii?

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

playstation 3 and wii?

Postby viperzero » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:14 pm

would it be posible to make a version for the ps3 and wii? both systems have reverse compatiblity with other system that kaillera is used for

the psx the n64 nes snes the mega drive are all systems with emulators curentlly used with kaillera but if this is done then you could play them on an actual cunsole
viperzero

Re: playstation 3 and wii?

Postby Kurgan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:47 am

I don't see why not, although if I recall, back in the day, the various other popular consoles (ps2, xbox) needed some kind of mod chip installed or some kind of bypass hack to work, since those companies didn't want people playing homebrew content on their machines. So it may be you'll need something of that nature, and I don't know if those things have been done (having not really kept up with the game console scene since the demise of the Sega Dreamcast). Maybe it's time to get to work on one or two? Good luck!

Still, I'm sure Nintendo would be against it and do their darndest to stop it from happening, because they stand to lose money on their Virtual Console service if something like this took off and was actually used (thus they couldn't force people to buy a steady trickle of approved downloadable emulated games). The PS3 can supposedly emulate PS1 and 2 content, so I presume you might be able to use the PS2 emulator stuff on the newer machine. But did anyone ever do anything kaillera related for those systems? The online protocols would be another story entirely, but the emulated games themselves have already been done, and you'd think with the more powerful system they could be better than ever before.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby gothic_hobbit » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:40 am

Interesting that you didn't mention the Xbox 360.

Is it because no one take's it seriously because of the red ring of death ? :)

I don't like the 360 either. However, the original xbox (which I do own) had virtually all of the emulators from the PC ported over to it. I've noticed on quite a few of these emulators a netplay switch in the options, but i've never tried it because i've never had my xbox hooked up to the net. Maybe I should investigate further.
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

playstation 3 and wii

Postby m.danielSag » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:39 am

Kaillera support for Playstation or Atari ST Emulators would be so cool
is this possible?
m.danielSag

Postby gothic_hobbit » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:52 am

Bump.
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member