Inter-version erotica?

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Inter-version erotica?

Postby Swift Finch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 am

Well, not really.

I'm new to Kaillera, so when I tried to join and make a couple games last night, barely anyone could join because we have to have the same emulator version. Would it be possible to play with someone without having to log in and out of a different program just because you're not using the same version?
Swift Finch

Re: Inter-version erotica

Postby Kurgan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:44 am

Nope, sorry. Different emulators and emulator versions use different code, so desynching is inevitable. The only way it might work is if the version you're using is just a mild hack of the one they have, but chances are those changes will eventually screw up the game's timing and then that's it, fun's over, might as well play on your own machine and pull the plug.

You just have to knuckle under and get your friends to download and use the same version you have. Do what I did back in the day and have a half dozen versions of the emulator installed and your roms handy (and ready to distribute to the people you're going to play with). It sucks, but it's the only way to do it now. Just be happy you have a free network to do this on. Best we can do without a mainstream (an inevitably pay-to-play) service where it's all perfectly maintained and compatible.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Inter version erotica

Postby m.danielSag » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:40 am

Wondering if its worth the effort to make a "mobile" version for this board.

I am always on my cell viewing forums.

What about you??
m.danielSag

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback