Mame32k background image - How to get rid of it?

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Mame32k background image - How to get rid of it?

Postby Shabadoo » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:15 pm

I've got Mame32k .67 and I added a ton of flyers and artwork to their respective directories. I didn't change any settings in Mame32k and all of a sudden when I did a refresh it has a weird black/blue background with bubbles or something in the r0m list. I can go into "Background Image" and change it to something else but how do I get rid of it? I don't see any option to make it blank and the background image dialog makes you pick an image. I've tried copying a png to another directory and choosing it as the background then deleting the file but mame32k still shows it as the background so it must be copying it somewhere.
Shabadoo

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:40 pm

take the emu out of the folder it is in now.......but it on the desktop or somewhere.........and try to run......see what happs
GizMack The Gusher

Postby Shabadoo » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:25 pm

Ah I figured it out. I added about 1800 files to the snap directory, "bkground.jpg" being one of them. Through some trial and error I discovered that file, which apparently mame32k copies whatever background image you pick to that name.

Would be nice if it mentioned that somewhere, but I didn't see it.
Shabadoo

Postby Shabadoo » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:26 pm

Oops, make that bkground.PNG.
Shabadoo

Return to MAME Archives