Dip switches

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Dip switches

Postby Mushroom_Retainer » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:25 am

Okay, so, I've noticed that there's two ways to get to dip switches in most games... you can either select "dip switches" from the TAB menu, or you can set them in the Test mode you get into by pressing F2. There seem to be some differences between the options you can set in these two sets of switches, and most of the time, the changes you make to a switch in one set that has a similar switch in the other won't affect it. Like "difficulty" for instance. What's up with that?

And how the heck do I change my autofire settings? There's switches to turn it on in the Metal Slug games, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change the autofire settings in the true Mame32k.
Mushroom_Retainer

Postby GizMack The Gusher » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:41 pm

i think you wiould have to build the auto fire in,,,,, i don;t think it came in any stock mame32k........
GizMack The Gusher

Postby MGdaGR8 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:30 pm

i had to change autofire once cause i wasnt able to pick helpers in mvc cause instead of holding them, it interperited it as me just pressing them 5000 times.
i think the way i did it was just by pressing tab (or whatever button it is for u that brings up the menu with "input" and stuff like that) then going down to autofire, and turning all of them off. for some reason they were all on by default for me.
MGdaGR8

Return to MAME Archives