SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos(original set and boss edition)

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos(original set and boss edition)

Postby spawn » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:18 am

Hey,I downloaded snkvscapcomchaos and then i got the patches and i still get an error and i downloaded a lot of things like the game 2 times so,whats wrong?is my patch screwed up?it shows the game in the available list

and,if you give me a link,give me an english one
And,when you go on kaillera,my user name is spawn so if you also have this we can vs. and then............ :drinking:
spawn

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:32 pm

You just have to have the right r0m. There is a lot of confusion with the "unsupported by mame 'cause mamedev says they're too new" games, because there are so many different versions.

Ie: You have versions that work in neogeo emulators or kawaks or nebula, etc and then ones for custom mame builds.

But they DO EXIST. I've seen them, and they are perfect (game plays, no checksum errors, complete romsets). You just have to look harder (hint: the web isn't the only place to find them!)

Postby spawn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:16 pm

i found it from 2 guys from kaillera no screwups
spawn

Postby Izagaia » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:05 am

In order to fix a problem I experienced with this set, I had to replace certain files in the zip with the ones from the boss patch then rename the .zip itself to "svcc.zip".
"Never unchain the NIGHT..."
Izagaia

Postby Kurgan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:37 am

The game is called "SNK vs. Capcom" and "SNK vs. Capcom: Boss Edition" in the non-game emulators.

In the mame builds like Mame32 more! .84u3, they're called:

"SVC Chaos" and "SVC Chaos (Plus)" but they are the same games, and they do work. You just have to find the right roms. Use a r0m manager like clrmamepro or romcenter to rename them to the right ones. Keep in mind the ones listed for nebula, kawaks and hacked versions of mame32k .64 are often incomplete.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Return to MAME Archives