Bad Atari Sprites in recent Mame32K builds...

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Bad Atari Sprites in recent Mame32K builds...

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:34 pm

I'm guessing this is a source problem, because it seems like in every recent build of Mame32k (the ones people have posted on these forums in the last month or so) have ALL had the same bug in them (and I've seen it in other custom builds recently too):

the Atari games have missing character sprites. Meaning they are UNPLAYABLE 'cause you can't see what you're doing.

Try this:

Load up your copy of Mame32k that you use, and fire up a game of Batman, Roadblasters, Gauntlet, Gauntlet II, etc. and you'll see what I mean.

Now if you load up Mame32 (the one from John IV's site) youll see no such bug.

What gives? How to fix this? I'm no coder, but I hope you see the problem here...

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:16 am

Ace's Mame32sk 0.81u3 build has no such problems ! I suggest using this one !

Postby Kurgan » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:47 pm

That's cool, but I hate to have to go all the way back to 81 (I mean we're on 84 now).

Keep up! (hehe)

Interesting though. I wonder if he'll share with the community how he fixed the problem? 'Cause these other mame32k programmers could use the tip.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Return to MAME Archives