mame32 More! 0.84u3 with Kaillera

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby sublinhado » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:12 pm

just the name is the same the file is another
sublinhado

Postby Carbon_Score » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:00 am

darknatas:

Yes, I D/Led the KOF 2002 you provided, and like the others, my file did not include the necessary c1 flie needed to run the game.

Luckily I already had a set of KOF2002 Roms I was using for Kawaks, and just mixed the M and P roms you provided with the C and V roms I already had and matched the names to what MAME32More! needs to run "King of Fighters 2002, The (decrypted V, decrypted c)". Works great now.

BTW, thanks alot for the great links you've provided. Keep up the good work...
Carbon_Score

helppp

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:45 pm

i tried to play some of the games online by goign to file-->play kailler game, but my tabs don;t seem to work. I can only see my recent folder and join the servers in there. I can see the numbers refreshing in the server list but i can;t get into the servers. All my buttons are black like "connect", "enter server ip" "about" etc.

So how do i make it so these things are visible?

Postby tattootearz » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:54 pm

Hey guys... great forum you have here. I've done tons of readin and now i feel its time to ask the pros for a lil help...

My computer's specs are as follows...

2.4Ghz Pentium Processor
512MB DDR Ram
My video card is pretty basic but its 64MB

Im getting alot of freezups with Mame32More whtn I play the 3D games. Is there anything I should be specifically adjusting in my settings?

My PC is not top notch but I KNOW its got enough power to emulate games that were made over 3 yrs ago.

Any help guys would be nice.
tattootearz

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:33 pm

tattootearz wrote:Hey guys... great forum you have here. I've done tons of readin and now i feel its time to ask the pros for a lil help...

My computer's specs are as follows...

2.4Ghz Pentium Processor
512MB DDR Ram
My video card is pretty basic but its 64MB

Im getting alot of freezups with Mame32More whtn I play the 3D games. Is there anything I should be specifically adjusting in my settings?

My PC is not top notch but I KNOW its got enough power to emulate games that were made over 3 yrs ago.

Any help guys would be nice.

Most of the 3D Games are not fully emulated properly.
So you can even have the best computer out there, but it will still lag or move slowly... nothing you can do on your part to fix this; it's all dependent of the emulators out there...

Postby XxKenMastersxX » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:39 pm

Mame32v.84.2

this is the emu i use.. and yes i'm still a newb to the emu itself ((IE: meaning i'm still learning and discovering what this emu has to offer))
now i am having a issue with mame32m-0.84u3 <--- the only thing that comes with the file is a bkground with 3 png files.. back grouns alright.. but that was all that was in there.. and i know you probably have stated how to fix this but if you would or could please give further instruction on how to update the Mame file so i can play the games you've put up..

Dark as soon as i can fully utilize the use of the emu then i can enjoy the games you are putting up.. even without saying i have faith that these are some really sweet ass games and just titles alone say it all

Thank you
In times of trouble a child of wrath will come forth.. i am that wrath child...
XxKenMastersxX

Postby Shin2k27 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:02 pm

The two guests, who kept posting flames should be banned, i suggest you lock the guests from replying and force them to make an account to actually waste time to flame or just ip ban them....been going at it for more than 3 pages and its staining the topic..
Shin2k27

Postby Kurgan » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:43 pm

Hmm, spamming insults at a guy who gives you free stuff? Umm, okay...

Deleted a bunch of the useless posts (2 whole pages of crap!). Really pathetic some people...

Yeah, this is the kind of thing that makes forums require registration to post.

PS: Somebody claimed that Metal Slug 4 & 5 "aren't supported" in Mame32 More.

This is utter bs, because I have Mame32 More! .84u3 (the version we're all talking about if you hadn't guessed) and it plays both games just fine. Long as you have the right roms (use clrmamepro or romcenter to fix/verify them) they should work perfectly. Whether or not mamedev approves of this or not isn't the issue. There's tons of other mame and emulator ports out there that support these games. What's one more? Don't like it, don't use it.

PPS: I closed the "Flame Retardant" Forum for a reason! Quit flaming people on here. That includes everyone here, don't think you're special just because you have a name. Registered members should know better than these "guests."
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby XxKenMastersxX » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:20 pm

darknatas wrote:to the person with the problem of kof2002 did u download the r0m from the link i provided or r u using another kof2002 that u got from some place else? and if any1 else has a problem with kof2002 let me know.. oh yea 1 more thing what version of mame r u using???

yo Darknatas just wanted you to know that i'm having the same issue with Kof2002 265-c1.bin NOT FOUND

but the file itself is there i checked already...

thanks alot man for being concerned about something you put up. not many would take the time to consider a problem when it arises.. also the Tekken games are not working.. or they have real sh*tty emu sound

also using the MAME32MORE .84u3
XxKenMastersxX

Postby Kurgan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:56 am

The 3D games work, but some of them are slow, even on high end systems.

Though there are people out there with tricked-out top of the line systems claiming that the games are perfectly smooth.... well your mileage may vary.

; )

They all "work" if they say they are working (well except Simpsons Bowling which tells you to "see manual" after loading), they just may not be very much fun to play yet.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby XxKenMastersxX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:37 am

Kurgan wrote:They all "work" if they say they are working (well except Simpsons Bowling which tells you to "see manual" after loading), they just may not be very much fun to play yet.

i would have to beg to differ.. Tekken Tag Tournament does not work, Tekken 3 will not even load Tekken 2 loads but the sound is choppy and the video glitches every 4 seconds (( i took the time to clock it))

Processor: AMD Athlon 2400 + ((with SSE)) -= 2.00 GHz =-
RAM: 1024 MB ][ 1 gig][
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 ][ Asylum][ 128 MB AGP
DirectX version: Direct X 9.0

not the greatest in the world.. considering some of the computer spec's i've seen in the last 24 hours but i know what my machine can and cannot handle..

but dont get me wrong i'm not trying to be a complete and total douche bag here...
XxKenMastersxX

Postby Kurgan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:58 am

Well some machines can do it, others can't. That's all I can say.

Btw, what OS are you using? 2kpro should give you a bit more speed than XP in most cases...

Did some testing:

Tekken: 78-81 % speed (fairly smooth and fully playable with scanlines and direct3d, throttle off) no sound

Tekken 2: (same options as above) 74-80% speed. also no sound

Tekken 3: (same options as above) 43-46% speed. sound, but a bit choppy (since game itself is slow)
Last edited by Kurgan on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby XxKenMastersxX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:09 pm

right now i'm currently running windows XP Home Edition SP 1

the other games i ended up getting like kof 2001, SNK vs. Capcom Chaos Killer Instinct 1 and 2 ((two is slightly choppy)) work perfectly fine considering how fast paced a few of the games are but meh i guess i'll make due for now :D
XxKenMastersxX

Postby Kurgan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:15 pm

Windows 2000 Professional Edition.

My specs:

AMD Athlon 2400 XP+ (2 ghz)
256 mb pc133 SDRAM
ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 (with latest drivers) 128 mb DDR
Soundblaster Live!
26 gigs free on my hard drive

Mame32 More! .84u3

KI2 is a bit slow for me too, but the rest run full speed (of the list you gave). CPS2 and NeoGeo games are no problem.

Kurgan wrote:
Tekken: 78-81 % speed (fairly smooth and fully playable with scanlines and direct3d, throttle off) no sound

Tekken 2: (same options as above) 74-80% speed. also no sound

Tekken 3: (same options as above) 43-46% speed. sound, but a bit choppy (since game itself is slow)

Tekken Tag Tournament doesn't work (says "good morning" and does the self test then stops on a blue screen with some blurry japanese characters (?) I can't read and can't get past).

TTT is listed as "not working" so I'm not surprised.

Obviously not all games are working in mame and those, well you just can't play yet. I was talking about the games that DO work. ; )

Some people claim that they can get full speed. A few games are slow for me, that's what I was saying. If you want to test your speed, see the above games and like Dead or Alive ++ or CarnEvil. ; )
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby XxKenMastersxX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:10 pm

see then you know the issue i am having right now as far as that goes..

but yeah thanks for the help and what not :D

i will be around might go and find some compitition for Marvel Vs. Capcom on the game channels ((just look for the name i use on the forum))

anyways later :D
XxKenMastersxX

PreviousNext

Return to MAME Archives