ROMS 4 ALL (and alittle help please?!)

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

ROMS 4 ALL (and alittle help please?!)

Postby {dArK eLUsiON} » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:48 pm

Hey Hey! Having some trouble looking for roms? (probably not by now), but if you do, heres a great site that will keep you occupied a view years :P

Anyway, its called ROMNATION (im sure alot of you heard or know about it), but it has ALOT AND ALOT of ROMS!!!

Heres a direct link the the MAME roms: http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/mame/

This site is probably the best! And dont worry about voting when it askes you to (but i do anyway, 'cause it is a great site), 'cause it wont corrupt your file like it says it does...

ANYWAY, I hope everyone enjoys, spent about 10 hours yesterday trying to look for this site :D

ENJOY!

Oh, lol, i nearly forgot to ask my question...

If anyone knows (looking mostely at this forum, it doesnt seem anyone likes to help others), but i have a problem with joining (or searching) for online servers with MAME32K. Its version 0.67, and when i click on File >> Play network Game, it opens the box to search for the servers, then freezes MAME32K along with the search box...

If you know whats wrong, help it greately appriciated..
Thanks again, and enjoy RomNation.net !!

CYA !!
darkelusion@hotmail.com :fadein:
{dArK eLUsiON}

Postby darknatas » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:14 pm

sorry man but that site sucks ass u want roms go here

http://retroroms.official-website.net

this has everyrom but the hacked up games like svc samsho5 kof2003 so u wont find those there but they have everything else and i mean everything else out there... also to those who goto the page u have to register with the page......
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby {dARK eLUsiON} » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:13 am

LOL! how cna it suck ass when it has sooo many roms and they ALL work (exept for KOF 2000 (that i know of)), hmm, anyway, i figured out the problem, and ill check ur site. thanks for the link
{dARK eLUsiON}

Postby Arxho » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:15 pm

because it does suck ass.

its got hentai, image verification on each r0m, non-resumable downloads... this site is just a money making pig.

aww man i am having a hard time downloading these other rare roms like mslug5 :S... searched all of google, been on irc and if i really want something, i'll have to wait in a queue of about 15.
Arxho

Re: ROMS 4 ALL (and alittle help please?!)

Postby Arxho » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:22 pm

{dArK eLUsiON} wrote:
ANYWAY, I hope everyone enjoys, spent about 10 hours yesterday trying to look for this site :D

That's one of the problems, most ppl end up there because it is #1 in terms of the hits it gets.

U can try butt-t0rrent for the whole set in a pack - http://www.suprnova.org, grh.se (if it comes back online). For individuals, emuchina.net maybe.
Arxho

Postby AgentSmith » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:47 pm

Hey what about the hentai? I like the site , the hentai images... are no problem at least for me, i'm not gay y' know? XD LOL!

Romnation4Ever!
AgentSmith

Postby Kwaza » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:26 pm

Heres another link that has lots of mame roms and even for other systems. the only bad part is that it has annoying pop ups but at least it has roms.

http://www.emuconnect.com
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:35 pm

AgentSmith wrote:Hey what about the hentai? I like the site , the hentai images... are no problem at least for me, i'm not gay y' know? XD LOL!

Romnation4Ever!

Yeah, except that hentai seems dominated by images of way too young looking "girls" being spammed by tentacle monsters and other such nastiness. Yuck! ; p

That said, far too many sites these days are selling FTP access or "VIP access" to roms. Or charging you "at cost" for mame discs (and lo and behold, they charge TWICE what the media actually costs, even if they don't try to stiff you with "shipping"). Talk about greedy money-making schemes...

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:36 pm

The bottom line is, if you want to find lots of good working roms, www pages aren't more and more becoming the last place you should look...

Get on directconnect, you'll find a lot more. Or newsgroups...

For those complaining about pop-ups

Postby Metal BlackX » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:53 am

If pop-ups is the only problem on a site, get Firefox. It's a browser with a built-in pop-up blocker and also stops sites from installing anything without your consent (i.e. spyware, etc). It can be found here: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
Metal BlackX

firefox has fireftp!!

Postby wolfebane » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:31 am

I totally agree about firefox its growing to be better than IE in all ways, plus it also has plugins for spam blocks and certain spybot systems so check it out like metal said.... 8)
wolfebane

Postby Heinster » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:54 pm

Jeez by placing these links all you guys are resposible of these places to be knocked out..... Many of these are already dead. No one noticed by any chance how many romsites died the last 2 years? If you share roms do it with people you know and not who you just met with the attention "I am kewl look at my links".

Because of this kind of behaviour many of MAMEdev were on a verge quiting the scene and some actually already did....
Heinster

settle down turbo

Postby wolfebane » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:13 am

if they really wanted to shut the sites down they are smart enough to find them through other means not just by watching forums but hey thanks for hi how are ya......ANYways....all that garble aside i hope r0m sites tay open and i hope people know how to share and share alike because without people that share we get nothing to spread around
wolfebane

Return to MAME Archives