mame32k wont recognize roms

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

mame32k wont recognize roms

Postby old_school » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:27 pm

ok here something starange. i have the latest version of mame32k & everything, and the only 2 games that work on it are street fighter alpha 3, and marvel vs. capcom. i have metal slug 3, kof 98, etc in my r0m folder. ... and the directory only recognizes sf3, and mvc. what gives?

plz help me, if you need any more information, i'll tell ya!
old_school

you know it

Postby rusty » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:40 am

can some one hlep me :(
rusty

mame 32k 0.90 roms work on this emulator

Postby Andre » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 pm

i have the newer mame32k 0.90 and all my mame roms work... you might be downloading the roms from a site that the roms dont work
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Moosehead » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:39 pm

Every version of Mame has a hardcoded list of ROMs that it recognizes and will allow you to play. The original Mame developers don't want you to to play copyrighted games or new games that still have value to the authors, so they don't put those roms in the list. Which explains why there are sooo many hacked versions of Mame floating around. People hack Mame to add support for these newer games, and add support for Kaillera. Get Mame32k .90 or 0.64 AntiClose client from the downloads section on http://www.anti3d.com. They should support the games you want to play.
Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby Andre » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:57 am

thanks for telling me Moosehead
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Fignutz » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:09 pm

:drinking: :drinking: O you have an updated neogeo bios?
Fignutz

Postby Zefnex » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:29 pm

I have the newest NeoGeo bios for MAME .90. Give me a shout over AIM; my name is Zefnex. If you play Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, just whisper Zefnex_Bellarus and I'll probobly be there.
Zefnex

Return to MAME Archives