Mame32 0.89 Kaillera conversion

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Mame32 0.89 Kaillera conversion

Postby | SlaveN | » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:52 am

Ah the present day, is there any updated version of mame32 with kaillera support enabled?

I just wandered around in some sites, only finding spammed versions of Mame32 with a lot of bad features enabled but anyone of those had Kaillera support.

Is it so hard to add to m32 source code?

Anyone has ever succeded in compiling a normal version of M32 with Kaillera support?
| SlaveN |

Postby Kurgan » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:12 am

Who knows.

I'd love to see an updated Mame32 More! with the .89 changes.

The only thing is, somewhere around version .85 the "input" doubled in size or something, which might have an adverse effect on online play (making it twice as laggy?). But I suppose a person with the code and know-how could just change it "back" to how it was before, making online play work right again, assuming it was even a problem.

But as of now I haven't seen anyone release a kaillera mame port with anything newer than .84u3 (the above mentioned MameMore! release).

On the other hand, have there really been that many good working multiplayer games released since .84u3? I guess that's up to the coders to decide if it's worth their time...

Then again, code improvements are always good, so I hope there are new versions released. But somebody has to do it. All the necessary tools are available to do it, you just need somebody who wishes it to happen and knows how. That's how all the ports were created, it wasn't magic.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby MGdaGR8 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:27 pm

On the other hand, have there really been that many good working multiplayer games released since .84u3? I guess that's up to the coders to decide if it's worth their time...

yeah u got a good point there, there needs to be some more multiplayer games released. Im a big fan of 2d and 3d fighting games, no doubt about that, but it would be nice to see some new popular games besides MVC and KOF's.
MGdaGR8

Postby gothic_hobbit » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:38 pm

no one wants to add the source because they fear the wrath of those stupid mame developer cunts !
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:41 am

Uhh... if that's the only problem, then they can just release a version that only includes the "officially sanctioned" .89 games.

Don't see the big deal there. Only a tiny handfull of games (that actually feature multiplayer and work) are considered "naughty" by mamedev.

'Sides, it's a new year (2005) so some of those naughty games may get promoted to "working" (heh).

Gotta love politics, but let's use our heads people!
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby jelwell » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:04 am

Kurgan wrote:Uhh... if that's the only problem, then they can just release a version that only includes the "officially sanctioned" .89 games.

Don't see the big deal there. Only a tiny handfull of games (that actually feature multiplayer and work) are considered "naughty" by mamedev.

'Sides, it's a new year (2005) so some of those naughty games may get promoted to "working" (heh).

Gotta love politics, but let's use our heads people!

I believe EKMame does this. It sports mame .90 and kaillera support.

http://ekmame.er.ro/

Joseph Elwell.
jelwell

kaze... that name sounds familiar...

Postby Kurgan » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:06 pm

Bless those koreans!!!!

Thanks for the link!

Now can we get some english mirrors? (it's a 7.1 mb rar file)

(PS: I'm assuming this is actually mame + kaillera support and not just some stripped down version that only supports a few games)
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby genzou » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:47 pm

Here's a direct link to it repacked with english kaillera client:

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/407320/11 ... n.rar.html
genzou

Postby Kurgan » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:15 pm

Thank you genzou! Great!
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Return to MAME Archives