MAME32k 0.90 (Jan 20 2005) FINALLY HERE

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

MAME32k 0.90 (Jan 20 2005) FINALLY HERE

Postby darknatas » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:55 am

go here for the new post

viewtopic.php?t=4307
Last edited by darknatas on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby Moosehead » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:01 am

Help->About makes it crash, lest for me.
Moosehead

Postby darknatas » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:34 am

yea i know when u goto help and click about it crashes its something i didnt really care to fix at all i think some where down the line i changed something that cause about not to work but i just said forget about it cause its just info about the emu its not the emu it self so other then that the emu works fine i tested it quite a # of times online and offline and got some nice results plus having some newly added games to play online makes it well worth it but who knows if any1 will ever upgrade to 0.90 if i see more people using the emu by the time 0.91 comes out then i will continue to make the emu if i just see people still using 0.64 then i wont make another mame emu for kaillera till cps3 games r working on mame...
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby Moosehead » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:52 am

Well hopefully people will start using it. Hope you don't mind I posted it on my website for people like me that can't download torrents...

http://www.anti3d.com/dl/MAME32k090.zip
Moosehead

Postby darknatas » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:53 am

ahh very nice of u moose i will edit my first post and put ur link there....
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby HellSap » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:02 am

what happened to the option for The ... or ..., The ?
HellSap

Postby BluePowerZ » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 am

long live teh rabbitz!!11
BluePowerZ

neogeo games not appearing on mame .90

Postby John9981 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:10 pm

I dled the bios and put it in my r0m folder, and i sitll cant get any neo geo games to pop out. I have the correct files and stuff also. It works on my mame 32k .64 but not on 90..can anyone help me?
John9981

Postby John9981 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:13 pm

Can anyone help me? I can't get any of my neo geo games appearing in my Mame 32k.90 list. I have the roms.. and the bios. Maybe i have the wrong bios? im using the one i used for mame 32k.64. I wanna play kof2k3 and others on this emulator..PLEASE HELP!!!!
John9981

Wait...!

Postby Kurgan » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:32 pm

No offense darknatas, I know we talked and I encourage you to release this, but I was just using the korean E-KMame Plus! .90 and I wonder what exactly is the benefit of using your version over E-Kmame?

I realize in its raw state E-Kmame seems off, but after replacing the kailleraclient.dll file (from mame32more! .84u3) the relevant parts are in english and I was able to connect and host.

Plus, the compressed file (as compressed by genzou) is about 6.8 megs, rather than the 8.3 that your file is, which makes it a bit more attractive (for some reason kids dont' want to download big emulators, but they download big roms! lol).

So again, no offense intended, but what features does your mame32k have that E-Kmame doesnt'?

We should get a "standardized" release if we can and spread that around to lots of mirrors and get a cult following around it to oppose the ".64 only" heathen masses and hopefully convert some of them. ; )

Thanks, and no disrespect about your hard work either.

Here is the link to genzou's re-pack of E-Kmame:

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/407320/1105177103_EK-MAMEPlus_en.rar.html

If the two were somehow compatible (no desynchs between them) I wouldn't care, but I'm guessing they might not be (anyone care to test?), so....

PS: genzou tells me that he too gets the Help-->about crash.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby John9981 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:34 pm

kurgan can u help me out?
John9981

Postby Kurgan » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:13 pm

Assuming your roms are in the proper directory /roms in your emulator folder, and your neogeo bios is in neogeo.zip (in the same directory as the rest of the roms), you may simply have outdated roms.

Get the latest ClrMamePro (link is at mameworld.net) and scan all your romsets for this emulator to make sure they are correct. If not, update 'em.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby darknatas » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:15 pm

to john did u try to audit ur games to see what files r missing? it could be 2 different things ur neogeo.zip is out of date or the crc check sum for ur games dont match but dont worry help is on the way either sat or sun i'm gonna release a big t0rr3nt pack with all the hard to find games with it so far i'm up to about 30 games with the pack and they all work with mame32k 0.90 i'm hard at work setting that up getting a few more roms that i have left.. when its ready i'll post the pack here and list all the games with it plus all the games will have the bios files needed for the games..

to kurgan i took things from both mame more and ekmame the r0m sets r updated with ekmames r0m set also messed around with and changed up things with the zn1 zn2 plugins setting and made it a bit afaster then it was before and some other minor things with the emu i'm at work so i dont have a full list with me of what i did. plus its nice to see MAME32k 0.90 instead of all these other retarded differnet emu names out there...
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kwaza » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:10 pm

AAWW this sucks, I cant play any of my neo geo games as well. I guess im gonna have to download all the new r0m sets just to stay up to date. I have a feeling that all the kof users will not want to update to this version. They wont want to download the roms again and i guess people will stick to .64 for a very long time. Thats my guess anyways.

One thing that really bothered me while using kaillera with this is that the chat font in the kaillera chat rooms were all light gray. It was really hard to read what other people were saying. I had to replace the kaillera client that came with the new mame with my old version. I think u guys should just use the older version of the kaillera client. You know, the one that lets you see the ip address of each server.
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby Mischeif » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:32 pm

First off good job on this,but 1 question...
this doesent support controllers?
Mischeif

Next

Return to MAME Archives