MAME32k 0.90 (Jan 20 2005) FINALLY HERE

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby Kwaza » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:44 pm

Yes it does, you just have to go into Options - Default Game Options - Controllers - and check the Enable Joystick Input box and where it says P1, put it on ID1 and thats it. I had the same problem at first but I figured it out.
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kwaza » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:49 am

Hey heres a list of bugs that I think are kinda annoying and should be fixed.

- First of all, the old neogeo roms cant be played which really sucks. I guess thats part of the emulator
- The kaillera client shows the font as light gray which makes it hard to read.
- I Cant see the ip addresses of the servers using the kaillera client supplied with mame32k.90
- I cant type in the main kaillera window while playing because everytime i push the space bar, it always types in the game. So basically, pressing the T key was better when chatting ni game.
- This one is minor but I know for sure that its gonna blow alot of people away of this new mame. When playing MVC, the secret characters are not unlocked.
- Sometimes the tab button wont work online and I cant configure the buttons.
- ill post more bugs when i find them.
Last edited by Kwaza on Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby Mischeif » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:13 am

nvm i got controller working
Mischeif

Postby goldentank » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:08 pm

i'm trying to get mame.9 work on me but i seem to crash everytime i try to load a game. the emulator itself doesnt crash but just the r0m. if u could help me i would really appreciate it :)
goldentank

Postby SF2Guile » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:52 pm

I can play my neo geo games and they appear on the avaiable list if I have them.
At first they didn't but after a bit of tickering I found out what the problem was.

First the snk r0m sets have been once again updated along with a new set of bios files that are needed. The new neogeo bios contains some new files that are needed for them to appear on avaiable list and in some cases make the game work. I tried playing them once by going to manufacturer>snk and some of them worked, but it was a hassle with them not appearing on available. Also with them not being avaiable you couldn't host them online. There is also another file that isn't included in this bios (name I cant remember) that is needed for some specific roms.

Edit: *Remembers EK-mame link.* Try This:
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/421229/Bi ... s.zip.html

Still having problems? Let me know.

My mame list:

New neogeo bios:

SF2Guile

Postby Mischeif » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:27 pm

my Rival Schools(Project Justice) freezes when i add coins

ne1 else have that problem?
Mischeif

Postby Mc2 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:38 pm

If you guys are interested you can still get the source for ek-mame .89 make any source changes you need ... shouldnt be hard to fix most the bugs and then compile a lite version i know its 89 but you wont have all the problems you guys are experiencing if anyones interested let me know and maybe i can submit my version it is .89 though but its working good for me....... ps does anyone know were to get ek-mame 90 source.... i like to make the interface look more like i want it ahahah
Mc2

Postby HellSap » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:11 am

- First of all, the old neogeo roms cant be played which really sucks. I guess thats part of the emulator
^ The hardest part about switching to .90, as well as the lack of guarantee that the netplay is any better. Most newer versions especially those containing useless gamehacks have been for the most part poop. .67 special has almost all those newer 3d games supported, but the netplay just isnt as good.

- All those stupid kaillera problems
Use an older Kaillera client...

- MVC thing - cause it doesnt have the hack built in... youd have to just use the code everytime.

That happens sometimes, deal with it

The crowd that pushes for .64 is mostly like that because there hasnt been much of an urgency to update, and this is still filled with many problems to not warrant it. With the other updated releases, it wasnt that bad when all you had to do was keep anotehr directory and use the same roms, with this its requiring a complete facelift. Still has some problems to work out, but still good job on getting this out to everyone.

Now, someone edit in the option to put THE at the end. who the hell wants to scroll through all of T just to get to King of Fighters... or Addams family! heh
HellSap

Postby Mc2 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:44 pm

Ok guys half the bugs are squashed i can not duplicate the tab menu not opening i have tried about 50 different games and it always opens for me my testings are on the 89 version though as i do not have 90 source my guess would be that the transparent menu is causing this and that can easily be dissabled
Mc2

Postby MGdaGR8 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:08 pm

guys just thought id point out that just like all other mame updates, this probobaly wont get used at ALL on kaillera...

just thought id mention that
MGdaGR8

Postby darknatas » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:16 am

Mc2 wrote:Ok guys half the bugs are squashed i can not duplicate the tab menu not opening i have tried about 50 different games and it always opens for me my testings are on the 89 version though as i do not have 90 source my guess would be that the transparent menu is causing this and that can easily be dissabled

please stick to the topic we r not here to talk about some version 0.89 u r working on this is a topic for mame32k 0.90 thank you

if any 1 has any problems or question please post them on this thread

viewtopic.php?t=4307
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

Postby Mc2 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:25 am

darknatas wrote:
Mc2 wrote:Ok guys half the bugs are squashed i can not duplicate the tab menu not opening i have tried about 50 different games and it always opens for me my testings are on the 89 version though as i do not have 90 source my guess would be that the transparent menu is causing this and that can easily be dissabled

please stick to the topic we r not here to talk about some version 0.89 u r working on this is a topic for mame32k 0.90 thank you

if any 1 has any problems or question please post them on this thread

viewtopic.php?t=4307

The topic was borken long before I posted Just trying to help man it looks like your mame32k is a broken version of ekmame just trying to fix alot of your bugs starting with 89 now that mame32 plus source for 90 is out i can incorperate a clean kaillera klient but as stated this topic is dead anyway go to the new topic
Mc2

Postby Kwaza » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:49 pm

Hey heres a list of bugs that I think are kinda annoying and should be fixed.

- The kaillera client shows the font as light gray which makes it hard to read.
- I Cant see the ip addresses of the servers using the kaillera client supplied with mame32k.90
- I cant type in the main kaillera window while playing because everytime i push the space bar, it always types in the game. So basically, pressing the T key was better when chatting ni game.
- This one is minor but I know for sure that its gonna blow alot of people away of this new mame. When playing MVC, the secret characters are not unlocked.
- ill post more bugs when i find them

New Bug
- I cant save my input for my buttons when I play in mame.90. Everytime I start a new game, I always have to configure the buttons.
Kwaza
Die-Hard Member

Postby goldentank » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:50 am

mame.9 is not crashing anymore, my other problem is with the neogeo roms,
i have the neo geo bios updated, i still don't understand what the problem is, and if u talking about these new neogeo roms where can i find them?
goldentank

Postby darknatas » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:18 am

goldentank wrote:mame.9 is not crashing anymore, my other problem is with the neogeo roms,
i have the neo geo bios updated, i still don't understand what the problem is, and if u talking about these new neogeo roms where can i find them?

u can find all the neogeo roms on irc but i made this easy for every1 by making a pack file with 49 games that work with 0.90 so all u need to do is download it please look at the other post for the link to the pack file i made....
darknatas
Die-Hard Member

PreviousNext

Return to MAME Archives