A few problems

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

A few problems

Postby sanitarium » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:40 pm

this might have already been posted, but i've read the Faqs, and did a search, and couldnt find it.

my first problem is that my controls act strange only during multiplay, such as reading slow, moving on its on etc....

my second problem is that the emulator wont read a lot of games that I download

anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using mame32k 0.67
sanitarium

Postby Xorcist » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:23 am

First suggestion is make sure the people you are playing against have relatively close pings to your own. If you have a 30ms ping and are trying to play someone with a 100ms ping, you'll definitely see some lag time between inputs. This also goes for the server you are playing on, the lower the ping the better response time you'll have.

As for games not being read, well make sure the zip file names match those listed in the emulator. If they do match, then pull up a properties sheet and audit that particular r0m to see if you are missing any internal files.

Also note some roms need associated files... NeoGeo and S-TV games both need BIOS roms before any of the games for those systems will work.
Xorcist

Postby Andre » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:00 pm

use MAME32K0.64 it doesnt give me any problem's or lags..
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Return to MAME Archives