Flame away after this but... MVC2?

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Flame away after this but... MVC2?

Postby Iceciro » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:19 am

Just a question - what is it that's so advanced about Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 that we cannot emulate it yet? Is it a simple lack of the decryption, is it some safeguard, or is it really THAT advanced?
Iceciro

Postby Fignutz » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:14 pm

:drinking: :drinking: It runs on the sega naomi system wtch is like a Dreamcast in the arcade so I wouldnt expect to see it for a while
i have the DC version wasnt a big fan though
Fignutz

Postby Iceciro » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:56 am

Ah. I've only played it one time and I think I poop my pants at the character selection screen. Holy crap, thats alot of people.
Iceciro

Postby Kurgan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:41 am

Yup, what he said. Very powerful hardware that's barely emulated yet. It's not like the CPS2 games, which are already emulated, but the encryption was the problem (which was broken, and then hoarded by Razoola for awhile).

When you have have perfect dreamcast emulation (which will require a high end system), perfect naomi emulation won't be too far behind, assuming you have people willing to work on it. Then you can start dreaming about adding online play....
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Iceciro » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:10 am

Thanks for the awnser, at any rate.
I'll just buy a cabinet off this store thats going out of buisiness down the road.
Iceciro

Postby Moosehead » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:16 pm

Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby Fignutz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:45 pm

Iceciro wrote:Thanks for the awnser, at any rate.
I'll just buy a cabinet off this store thats going out of buisiness down the road.

:drinking: :drinking: do they have xmen?
Fignutz

Return to MAME Archives