HK²ailleraV5 (Based on NEOMAME32k plus source by Jimpy )

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

HK²ailleraV5 (Based on NEOMAME32k plus source by Jimpy )

Postby 3emeOeil » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:55 pm

-WHAT'S HK²ailleraV5?
(Based on NEOMAME Ultraplus source by Jimpy )
HK²ailleraV5

HK²ailleraV5
Here the new version of my HK², that happiness, zero change for the roms neogeo already existing, increased performances with optimisation.
New configurables buttons customs (8), addition of the KOF10th driver....
here screens and Readme of the build, it will be dispo as of tomorrow in its 3 version; Pentium, P4 and AMD^^
------------------------------------

[quote]-- Readme --
-- HK²ailleraV5 --
- (Based on NEOMAME Ultraplus source by Jimpy )
- Addition of the buttons custom 5,6,7,8 for P1 and P2,
especially for the fighting games like neogeo or capcom.
- Withdrawals of the pluparts of the hacks.
- Set Neogeo full (included last drivers: kof10th,ms5,ss5spnd,kof2003).
Large Thanks 2 Jimpy without which this build would not exist:)
Jimpy, Y^nO 2005

-------------------------------------

Help/FAQ:
- How to configure the Custom keys?
Concerned press on key ' TAB' go then on ' Custom buttons',
there go on for example:
' custom 1 ' and using the numerical keys of the keyboard (1,2,3,4)
you can enter your sequences custom, knowing that
1=A
2=B
3=C
4=D
You can enter 4 keys to the maximum, to remove them it is enough
to press again on the corresponding figure.
Example:
on Custom1, if I push on 1, 2, 3 I would obtain sequence A, B, C and so on

I'll give you the link to download tomorrow^^
Last edited by 3emeOeil on Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby Kurgan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:16 am

Well, best of luck on that.

Nice to see somebody is still updating! Please post it and the source too when you get it done!

A thankfull community awaits...

;)
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Tsuneo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:18 am

I can't wait, by the way, the 2.0 was great, congrats
Tsuneo

ok^^

Postby 3emeOeil » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 am

Many thanks, from me and Jimpy, ...

About the sources we'll give to us later ,when all problems are gone..

thank you for your patience:)
Last edited by 3emeOeil on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

URL for official site HK²mameV5

Postby 3emeOeil » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:50 pm

Last edited by 3emeOeil on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

To work or not to work

Postby kispista » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:15 pm

Very nice emu indeed, we tried it with a firend.
We weren't able to play online! We do not know why?!
We switched off everything firewall, antivirus etc.
When we started my firend was dropped, his MAME simply closed itself.
It was the same way when we tried the last kaillera integrated EKMAME.
Who was trying this excellent emu online?
Was it working?
Please, tell me!

OR ANY IDEA TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEM?

part 2.
So we tried kaillera playing with another friend.
We played but not together!
Any suggestion? :cry:
kispista

Hello

Postby 3emeOeil » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:23 am

hello first of all yesterday evening on the server GameTronik, i noticed some problems because of the MOTD (i notify it to the admin of GameTronik), I have to test on other server and I could play without problem.

Tricks with knowing:
1° It is necessary that the 2 players have the same emulator.
(I tried with a player who had EKmame it does not function, the desynchronisation is automatic)

2° HK²mameV5 withdraws the chat as soon as a part is launched
online (to avoid the lag, that goes very well!! cause you didn't have to see what other player wrote on the chat, or incoming players etc).

(if you been with a friend you can use your messenger usual and even
the function vocal passes without lag with MSN i don't try other).

3°HK²mameV5 does not support any other file in the Roms directory. (because of the function ' fast audit)

-------------------------
We continue to make tests and we know at least a visual bug to
correct in the configuration of the keys of the games.
Do not hesitate to make us share with Jimpy and me of your impressions
and comments thank you.

salut tout d'abord hier soir sur le server de GameTronik, jai remarqué des problèmes a cause du MOTD, j'ai essayer sur d'autres server et j'ai pu jouer sans probleme.

Trucs à savoir:
1° Il faut que les 2 joueurs aient le meme emulateur.(j'ai tenté avec un joueur qui avait EKmame ca ne fonctionne, la desynchronisation a étée automatique)

2° HK²mameV5 retire le chat des qu'une partie est lancée online (pour éviter le lag, cela marche très bien!!).
(si vous etes avec un ami vous pouvez utiliser votre messenger habituel et même la fonction vocal passe sans lag avec MSN).

3°HK²mameV5 ne supporte aucun autre dossier dans le dossier r0m. (a cause de la fonction 'fast audit)
Je continue à faire des tests et nous connaissons au moins un bug visuel à corriger dans la configuration des touches du jeu.
N'hésitez pas à nous faire part à Jimpy et à moi de vos impressions et commentaires merci.
Last edited by 3emeOeil on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

hi

Postby 3emeOeil » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:41 am

Hi thank you for your feedback...you'r right it was a problem with synchronisation on kaillera....a real big problem...so i'm allready on....
I'll tell you when it's corrected and ready for download :)
EDIT:

I have can be found the problem, darkcoder (surely of the korean mame TEAM) added several files for the
code will kaillera in the EKmame source, like that to cut the chat.
He used a file called NetApi in place of kaillera.h......
I thus simply will try to use as in the past the file will kaillera.H rather than those create by Darkcoder.

Next post soon....
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby kispista » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:20 pm

Hmmm if I rember well, the last EKMAME with kaillera which was a beta version also wasn't working (0.94u1) I mean online game. We tried it and there was the same problem. The authors noticed the bug but they didn't correct it.
Why didn't they correct the problem? Who knows.
One thing I know they stopped releasing EKMAME with kaillera.

If there will be an always updated MAME with kaillera the people would be very happy! If that MAME would have the new CORE and the MAME PLUS good properties as using lang files so that would be great!
HK2MAME V5 has all these good things only need to fix the kaillera!
Anyway I must say thanks for your job! Keep on working!

I remember the old MAME MORE how we liked it! :wink:
kispista

hey

Postby 3emeOeil » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:08 am

Hello ,

i doing some changes, fix a little visual bug on keyconfiguration,
unlock the Chat key, (but it seems still can't tape something) and replace netapi.h with kailleraclient.h....i wish it can fix synchronisation problems....
It'll be great if you can test, cause i have too much of work tomorrow...

Thank you ;)
(link for pentium version is ok on the site ;) )

http://www.HK2mameV5.euro.st
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby kispista » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:30 am

Sorry but the same problem exists!
Not possible to play together!
kispista

http://www.HK2mameV5.euro.st

Postby 3emeOeil » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:35 pm

News and Wip:
Update of HK²ailleraV5

http://www.HK2V5.euro.st
Last edited by 3emeOeil on Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby Kurgan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:48 am

Sounds good! I can't wait.

Btw, it looks like mame dev might be stopping people from using the word "mame" in the title of unofficial builds (M.A.M.E. instead?), so you might have to change the name in the future. Not yet, but maybe soon.

Good luck!
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Moosehead » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:50 pm

Actually I think the new Mame license took effect this weekend.:

http://mamedev.com/license.html

It's builds like this one that are forcing the Mame developers to change the license and have them really pissed off about networked Mame/Kaillera. Mostly because you are adding support for games they don't support, some of which are still in the arcade, and removing the intro screen that shows information about the game when it starts up, and calling it Mame, which inevitably produces questions about it back to them.

If you're interested, here's a recent thread on MameWorld, it's really long and you sorta have to read the whole thing to understand;

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh ... art=1&vc=1
Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby Kurgan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:34 pm

Yeah I figured somebody was going to post that up sooner or later. I just read about it today (haze's rant and the new site).

I was kind of wondering what was happening with mame.net. Lately they'd been ignoring the WIP page and putting all their updates on various blogs that you had to find via retrogames or Mameworld. And now mame.net is just going to be a "fan site" rather than the official site? Ok...

Certainly mamedev seems to be bitchy about the issue (is it all because of Kaillera? why now all of a sudden, Kaillera has been around for 4 years).

A few misunderstandings have arisen in the community (not Mamedev though, they seem ultimately to be upset that ANY unofficial builds are being released, period by people outside their development team). For example people confuse the open source thing with kaillera. Mame is (supposedly) open source, but Kaillera is not. Kaillera isn't mame though. Kaillera is just an online protocol and match making service that can be added to any emulator. Some kaillera enabled mame builds exist, but the source for them is always provided. Just not the source code of KAILLERA ITSELF.

Anyway, those whiners may not have much to whine about in the future if the "anti-3d" kaillera alternative comes out and is open source (so I hear).

It's their project but I see a certain doublethink going on.. they want the project to look and sound like open source and a free project about gaming, but at the same time restrict the source, control its usage and make it about documentation for developers rather than for game preservation or fun. So it's good that they're rewriting their liscense and documentation rather than holding to a hypocritical sounding double standard about stuff.

And haze wants us to use and support some other emulator like Raine if we want "to play games and have fun" etc. Here while Mame spent so much time subsuming and absorbing the work of so many other emulators. I mean, nobody complained because it was kinda cool having one emulator do everything, even if it required a top of the line machine to run the games, it was being touted as "more accurate." While I can see the logic, it seems mamedev (or at least haze) is doing an about face with the whole "mame as borg" thing. Now he's singing the praises of having multiple arcade emulators.

The biggest thing I disagree with is the notion that Mame is not an emulator... the title itself is thus false advertising. So they should change it to Arcade Hardware Documentation Project (AHDP) and make it closed source (mamedev only) or something. ;)

Online play is something new that vanilla Mame has never done. NetMame (or MameNet) was abandoned long ago, but it was LAN only, from what I could tell. Kaillera is a dream come true for many folks, who can finally play these games multiplayer, like in the arcades, as they were meant to be. Gamers from around the world can swap stories and have fun like the old days. So what if some whiney brats ruin it by focusing only on recent fighter games? That's throwing out the baby with the bath water. I like playing old classic games online, it's a lot of fun and reminds me of my childhood going to the arcade to play. In the arcades you'd usually be playing with strangers, it's not like a home console where you invite your friends over or your family members. Playing alone at your PC just isn't the same.

Anyway, it seems that either Mamedev is most pissed about the "naughty" bits of some of the kaillera builds (which are not created by Christophe, the creator of Kaillera) for doing stuff like making it possible to disable the startup warning screens and enable popular fighting games from 2000-2002 instead of commenting them out in source..... or else they are just against online play period, because it attracts "kiddies" that bug them (which isn't fair to the rest of the people). A lot of mame features aren't purely documentational, and yet are still supported, like high score saving, cheats, history, saves, etc. One could argue that these things can "simulate" how the arcade games played and that they make debugging easier, but still.

Well anyway, I say do what you want. Let Mamedev work out and decide what they want and then they can talk to people and let them know if they're displeased. Give the programmers and authors who aren't on the Mame team time to catch up with these changes.

If they want this guy to change his project around, fine, but better that than trying to shut him down and piss everyone off and come off as petty.

Somebody whined about how having a fighting game with more than two players was a "hack" and "not good" or something like that. I would point out that this feature (in some fighting games where you have more than one character on a "team" vs. another team) is not often present in arcades, but in the home versions of these games. Example: Marvel Vs. Capcom on the Dreamcast (and possibly other systems), has a four player option so when you swap characters a new human takes over. That's all it is. It's not somehow ruining the game. It's only an option, that was not invented by Kaillera.

Edit: As far as "recent" games go, I see that Mame32 .95u2 has quite a few 2000 games, and more than a few 2001 and 2002 games playable. So what's left? What "new" games are they so pissed about that these new clients are supposedly allowing you to play? If it's just one or two games, fine, disable them and that's that.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Next

Return to MAME Archives