HK²ailleraV5 (Based on NEOMAME32k plus source by Jimpy )

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby gothic_hobbit » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:15 pm

Some good points raised there Kurgan.

However at the end of the day, a change in licence isn't going to stop a skilled programmer adding the kaillera code to a custom build of mame. They would just need to distribute the end product more discreetly ^_^
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

again^^

Postby 3emeOeil » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:51 am

I have updated my page and add the readme to the Zip pack for download.
I think the most of your neogeo roms will works :)

AMD or Pentium optimisation still available

http://www.HK2V5.euro.st

If you use MAME32k 0.90 maybe several of your neogeo roms wont work, i think it's only cause this mame32k is in real an EKmame with korean crc &fix for r0m and sometimes it didn't match with our...(true for 'illegal' r0m like kof2003,samsh5sp etc...)
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Grrrr but :)

Postby 3emeOeil » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:13 pm

It was a big problem with my new custom buttons, for 6, 3 or 2 buttons games only 4 buttons games work cause

1° of a little error from me (it's fix allready and enable 6 buttons games)-Done
2°i have to rewrite a new part of code for 2 or 3 buttons games.

I try to fix it right now !
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby kispista » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:40 pm

3emeOeil tell me please, how can we delete the MAME name from the emulator's name? I mean there is no MAME in the emulator's name.
kispista

Postby Andre » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:57 pm

3emeOeil the link for HK home page dont work to download the emulator YOU WANT IT TO TRY?-------------------------------
http://membres.lycos.fr/joahnvil/
[Please wait 11:00 today before downloading i have to update the files on ftp ]
3emeOeil can u send me a new link to your web site... the other one seems not to be working at all... me and a friend are trying to play klller instanice 2 on the HK
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Yop

Postby 3emeOeil » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:18 am

Yop^^

Like i said on a other post to andre or kispista, i had to remove my build coz your right with the new custom buttons the most of the roms wont work , only NeoGeo or Capcom works............so i work all the night and finally fix it this morning^^

So for now all recognize games work perfectly, and custom buttons work for all games.

I upload right now the fixed files, just wait one hour and go to see on HK² page ;)
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby Kurgan » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:20 am

kispista wrote:3emeOeil tell me please, how can we delete the MAME name from the emulator's name? I mean there is no MAME in the emulator's name.

The Mame team specifically requests (in their new liscense) that mame derivative builds that change certain things aren't supposed to use the 'mame' name in the title (in part to avoid confusion with the "official" builds).

Everybody here knows what it's about, and anybody checking it out should know it's an arcade emulator that lets you play games online. The source will be provided for those who want it, I'm sure (since he has to, to respect the liscense, plus it means more development ideas!), when the author finishes working out the bugs. That's all that matters. ;)
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Moosehead » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:26 pm

3emeOeil:

I would be willing to offer you a file mirror for your new distribution on anti3d.com, but after trying this emu out today I can't endorse it.

The biggest problem is you're including with it a hacked version of kailleraclient.dll which does not display server/login messages. This is a big problem, because my EmuLinker server uses those messages extensively to provide information to the user, not just when people login. When you use this dll, you miss much of the information and messages from the server

Also, why does everybody that releases a hacked version of Mame always choose crazy background colors, bright fonts, and big background images. Can you just make it white background and black font? What's with the hot pink??

Also, it's probably not a good idea to include kailleraserver.exe in your client. If people want a server they can go get one. There's a couple new servers out or comming out soon so including the legacy server isn't a good idea.
Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby Kurgan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:27 pm

Some good suggestions there Moosehead.

I think you guys should work together to make both your projects the best they can be for the kaillera community!

As to backgrounds, there is a file called bkground.zip on http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/ (John IV's Mame32 site). It has a large variety of backgrounds you can select (other than the generic white on that comes with every copy of Mame32). You can use any one you want. I think the makers of these new builds just want their's to be distinctive, but I don't know why pink is so popular. ;)

I like being able to have a variety to choose from, and I change it when I get tired of one.
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

hello

Postby 3emeOeil » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:31 pm

Moosehead wrote:3emeOeil:

I would be willing to offer you a file mirror for your new distribution on anti3d.com, but after trying this emu out today I can't endorse it.

The biggest problem is you're including with it a hacked version of kailleraclient.dll which does not display server/login messages. This is a big problem, because my EmuLinker server uses those messages extensively to provide information to the user, not just when people login. When you use this dll, you miss much of the information and messages from the server

Also, why does everybody that releases a hacked version of Mame always choose crazy background colors, bright fonts, and big background images. Can you just make it white background and black font? What's with the hot pink??

Also, it's probably not a good idea to include kailleraserver.exe in your client. If people want a server they can go get one. There's a couple new servers out or comming out soon so including the legacy server isn't a good idea.

Hello Moosehead,
thank you for your interest,

i'v put the hacked dll simply because of the 'original one' frequently had big problem on server refreshing and sometimes you just cannot do anything cause of emulator crash, however, i can change it........
(and personaly i still use the hacked dll....i know i can't read motd with it but...i can connect :[]D)

About the server, itsn't important...But i don't see why you have a 'problem' with it......and i can remove it.....

About background and color............simple detail, you can change it in some secondes.
Then i simply like the pink color as you can see:

, i don't want to change it, i like the little space on my bak ground where you can easily read the name of the game, i just like it.

Moosehead, please MP me and we'll talk about it and i'll can give to you a pack just like you want except for the background ;)
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

yop

Postby 3emeOeil » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:55 am

Yop Moosehead, it is done,
Hacked one dll replace by original kaillera dll, and the server files are removed.
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Previous

Return to MAME Archives