"aviable games" directory won't detect games

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

"aviable games" directory won't detect games

Postby Soul'd_out » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 pm

I have MAME32k v.064 and certain games wont show up when I go to the "avaible games" portion of the MAME startup menu. So far only two games have been detected (Vampire Savior and Street Fighter Alpa 3), but all the other games don't show up thier (though they are working, i just have to find them on the "all games" list and click on them). what should I do?

edit: Got it to work (I think), but now I have an entirely diffrent problem: My gamepad doesn't work. Before this happend however MAME32K v.064 stopped recognizing r0m files for some reason so I went and downloaded the .90 version. I tried adjusting the settings for the game pad (made sure that it was ID#1, uninstalled and reinstalled it, etc), but it still doesn't work. what should I do.

note to mod type people: please change the name of this thread to: Soul'd Out's question thread. This is to save forum space by having all of my questions listed in one little thread instead of sevral of them (becuase i'm bound to have more problem in the future).
Soul'd_out

Postby jamster114 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:25 pm

Could you tell me how to make it so it shows in the available games? My only game (Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara) wont show up on the available game lists yet I can play it from the All Games tab. Also when I try to host Dungeons and Draongs:Shadow over Mystara online and create a game and click start game, nothing happens and it instantly says "Player 1 [jamster114] dropped from the current game." I've searched on the forums but was unable to find the solution, if its there I apologize. I am a newbie :-/
jamster114

Postby Andre » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:10 pm

available if a r0m doesnt show up on your mame list this answer is easy to figure out. the problem is the r0m is a bad file you might want to download it somewhere eles.. i had snk vs capcom and it didnt show up on my mame list from romhustler.net or ss5. i just download it from romnation.net to fix the problem i hope it helps u
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Return to MAME Archives