Cant get my samsho5sp to work in Hk2aillera

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Cant get my samsho5sp to work in Hk2aillera

Postby MuleWax » Thu May 12, 2005 7:58 am

Help. I cant get my samsho5sp r0m and my gdarius roms to work in hk2aillera, my kof2002 that works in hacked .64 doesnt work either. Once i find out how 2 get the new geo geo games working in this emu, there will be no real need 2 use any other emu cuz hk2aillera is the best.
MuleWax

Postby kispista » Thu May 12, 2005 6:41 pm

You should use r0m Manager programs RomCenter or ClrMame Pro.
You will see the r0m files size and CRC so you will know what you need to change. If the sizes of the r0m files (in zip) are correct you may use r0m patches to get the right CRCs.
kispista

Postby Andre » Thu May 12, 2005 10:14 pm

try mame 64 or mame 67 for ss5 it works for me... if the r0m doesnt work you might has well download it off of me cause minds work's... how can i get a hold of you MuleWax..
Andre
Die-Hard Member

samsho5sp not workin replays

Postby MuleWax » Fri May 13, 2005 1:54 am

Thx 4 the replys. I want to get samsho5sp to work in hk2aillera, not .64 or .67 cuz hk is a much better emu, it has no lag online and plays fine even on lan connection. I see the game in the all games list. and i have the r0m working in a hacked kawaks, but i want it 2 work in Hk. The forums on the Hk site never open up, so i have 2 ask here. And im not sure how 2 use the programs like cirmame, but i will try2 figure it out. Then all i have 2 do is find out how and where 2 get a patch from to make Gdarius and other roms work .
MuleWax

Postby Andre » Fri May 13, 2005 3:00 am

MuleWax you have neo geo bios to make samsho5sp that would only be the problem that isnt working... if it works for kawaks and it isnt working for hk then im afriad that r0m wont be able to play on that emulator.. it doesnt make sence that it works for kawaks and not hk the ss5
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Andre » Fri May 13, 2005 3:03 am

im on mame 64.. i like hk but noone used it for online play on the kaillera server... i hope you can figure out this ss5 problem.. i think it will work for mame 64 but you want hk good luck... it works for kawaks something must be wrong with the emulator the hk
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but...

Postby Kurgan » Sun May 15, 2005 1:44 am

Kawaks, Nebula, NeoRageX and all the other non-Mame arcade emulators that support NeoGeo games use DIFFERENT ROMSETS than Mame. They have different crc's, lengths, files and even names. They aren't compatible.

These other emulators often have the habit of "hacking" certain games also with the intention of added speed. As a result they end up being less accurate than the arcade originals than what you could find in Mame. The performance hit you recieve for getting a more accurate game though in these cases is minimal and won't be noticed by people with modern pc's.

Mame has the (unfortunate) habit of "evolving" romsets that change between versions. This is because they get new and better dumps, versions of the game are dropped (for being too "hacky" or were misidentified somehow) or added as time goes on.

Mame32k is no different, since it is just a modified version of Mame32 with kaillera support added.

So .64 and .67 roms will be different than .86 or .96 roms. Face it, you may have to re-download some of these games for the new emulators.

The first thing to check yes, as others have said, is your r0m Manager. These programs are easy to use and will sort out exactly what you're missing. Finding it is another matter. Your average bit t0rr3nt "pack of roms" or r0m site isn't going to have everything you need. You just need to look harder and use other avenues than just some magic website that has everything in terms of roms (which doesn't really exist). P2p programs, newsgroups and irc are good places to find games and usually faster than websites, and don't even think about buying some r0m discs from some shadey character on ebay (that will get you into trouble, plus it's a bad deal anyway!).

No offense of course.

You should also make sure you have the latest neogeo.zip bios r0m file in the same folder as your other games.

But suffice to say, if your romset was "perfect" as of .64, you will have many broken games upgrading to a modern version.

Heck, now that I think of it, many of the people using .64 aren't even using the "real" .64, but some hacked version (usually by a Japanese or Korean programmer) that includes a few extra games thrown in (like the more recent SNK games). The .64 I have for example is from December 2003 (yes, it's that old!).

Face it, it's much easier to find modern romsets for these games than it is to track down .64 versions. So the people whining that .64 doesn't work well have noone to blame but themselves... again, no offense, this is just reality. Most r0m sites will only carry the very latest roms they can find (or just one version behind), not roms from 32 versions back (yes, that's how old .64 really is!).

Good luck!
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Re: Cant get my samsho5sp to work in Hk2aillera

Postby 3emeOeil » Wed May 18, 2005 10:44 am

MuleWax wrote:Help. I cant get my samsho5sp r0m and my gdarius roms to work in hk2aillera, my kof2002 that works in hacked .64 doesnt work either. Once i find out how 2 get the new geo geo games working in this emu, there will be no real need 2 use any other emu cuz hk2aillera is the best.

Hello Guys, samsh5sp work correctly on my build, just check crc and ask for good the roms, however ss5spnd have a bank error problems (my fault :s)
So i have to fix it....i think i go this work tomorrow...

PS: Kispista, i'm sorry guys, a lot of wotk these last days..:s
however i have your MSN so you can give to me your last source who have kaillera. thanks in advance;)
"Zen comme buddha"
3emeOeil

Postby Moosehead » Wed May 18, 2005 1:08 pm

You should sticky that explanation and post it in the announcements section Kurgan. Very good.
Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Return to MAME Archives