Mame32k 0.67 Speed Problem

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Mame32k 0.67 Speed Problem

Postby Master O » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:22 am

Mame32k 0.67 being run on:

IBM Thinkpad
Windows XP Pro SP2
GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 9 1.3 GHz Stepping 5 Processor
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
1.2 GB of RAM

------------
My basic problem is: when I first open mame32k and then I try to play a game (doesn't matter which), it's super-fast!!! I mean so fast that I can barely play it.
It takes me several minutes of opening and closing games in mame32k and closing mame32k itself before the speed gets back to normal again. After that, it works fine.

Is there a way to fix this, so I can just play games, instead of having to spend several minutes of opening and closing games in MAME and closing MAME itself to get it to work properly?

---------------

Before you all tell me to read the troubleshooting section in mame32k, I did so.
I found this and followed their instructions:

3.9. If games are running too fast, verify in the Options • Default Game Options menu that the throttle option is turned on, that sync to monitor refresh is turned off and Wait for Vertical Sync is turned off in the Options • Default Game Options • Advanced menu.

------------
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if it's any help, DOS versions of MAME do not give me this problem. In fact, every emulator I have run on my laptop worked flawlessly (Zsnes, Gens, and Project64k).

Could it be that mame32k isn't loading settings properly and that's why it's doing this to me?
Master O

Return to MAME Archives