IPX Compat (Esp. Genesis) WGenz Genesis 32, ect.

Come in here if you have any questions about Kaillera

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

If you know how to create Genesis game via IPX, raise your hand.

Poll ended at Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:23 pm

Yes, Maybe
Total votes : 4

IPX Compat (Esp. Genesis) WGenz Genesis 32, ect.

Postby TaeKwan Fighter » Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:23 pm

Yo what's up?

This is Jeremy Botto, kickin it in the hood. I'm about to head out to Tae Kwan Do, tonight, and I am so excited that I finaly have a network program for Genesis games on my computer! WOOT!
I've got 170 games, at least, (For Genesis) and in all my excitement, wanted to play some of them, naturally; However, there's a problem! Whenever I open up Kaillera's online client, and try to create a game, I find that the only two choices for me are 'Emp' and "Temp" Does anybody know how to reroute the main games directory, or where to put the games to make them work?
Currently my games are in my kaillera and WinGenz directory, D:\Emulation\Wgenz\

One more VERY important question. How do you create a game without going online? Is it possible to play IPX games in wgenz? I would really like to try to play a game or two with my family over the local network. Now, I open up Wgenz, click on network, and Kaillera comes up. Where do I go from Kaillera's initial apearance? Please help. Kaillera is hard to navigate. There is no game directory configuration option under the options menue, no configuration file, as far as I know, and no way to find servers without going on line, or create games without creating a server! PLEASE HELP! IPX IPX IPX IPX!
TaeKwan Fighter

Postby Mystiq » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:03 pm

IPX/SPX, Internetwork Packet Exchange/Sequenced Packet Exchange (I didn't even know what it stood for until I looked it up just now), is an ancient mojob technology that has been replaced by TCP/IP and is by every single means worse. If you are running IPX/SPX on your LAN, remove it NOW. TCP/IP works just great over a local area network. I've enjoyed many thing over TCP/IP on my network such as ZSnes, Quake 3 and Warcraft 3. Most modern games don't even SUPPORT IPX/SPX it's such a whore.

There's emulator out there though if you're desperate. Check out http://www.kali.net. IPX/SPX programs are tricked into thinking they're running over a true IPX/SPX network when meanwhile Kali is sneakily transforming it all into TCP/IP.

Not that it's worse than Token Ring... nothing is worse than Token Ring... nothing...

Postby TaeKwan Fighter » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:09 am

IPX/SPX Is actualy faster in many cases. It was Microsoft's main network interface all the way up through XP! However, I have understood that TCP/IP Is faster, and my network supports that system -- the problem is don't know how to run a TCP/IP game here at home from computer to computer without getting online. Every time I try to set up a game it tries to put me online, or gives me a window for some ficticious ip address that doesn't work. Maybe I'm just a lamen to TCP/Ip's system, and don't understand how it works. But when we play most games with IPX, here, it's easy enough that we are able to just, badabing, badaboom, click on Create Game and play. :o
TaeKwan Fighter

Postby TaeKwan Fighter » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:13 am

The important thing is playing the game. We really want to play an offline game on our home network. IF it is possible to play a Sega Genesis game over our local network, please, somebody, submit a reply with details on what we can do, and how this is done!
TaeKwan Fighter

Postby toqer » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:20 pm

IPX was invented by Novell, I know this because I helped Microsoft rid corporate america of that POS.

If you use IPX you are supporting the mormon church. Might as well drink pepsi and wear magic underwear.
Die-Hard Member

Return to Kaillera Questions