Request for Mame32k .65--> Rendering code/options of Mame

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Request for Mame32k .65--> Rendering code/options of Mame

Postby Kurgan » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:20 pm

That about sums it up... if I could have one thing non kaillera code releated in the next mame32k (this is more to TRF then to Christophe), it would be to put back in the options and rendering of the latest official Mame32 (the last few versions actually). It just seems to be overall faster and better than mame32k's.

It looks better, at full screen, hardware stretched, and 75% scanlines. It looks PERFECT in just about all games. But mame32k's for some reason gets horrendous framerates unless almost all the goodies are turned off (or it crashes completely), so it ends up looking terrible if you play in fullscreen (like I do). *

I'm asking... I'm begging, for change! I mean the new features mean well, but they just don't seem to have the same polish and glamor of the official Mame32.

Oh, and for the Nth time.. I'd like to request SteadyKEY support too (also a Mame32 feature). If you don't know what this is, talk to John IV or whomever has intimate knowledge of the Mame32 source.

Good luck...

* PS: If you think this is just a bug with my system, here are my specs:

DirectX 8.1
Win98se
latest IE 6.x blah blah blah and all the official windows updates
1 Ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird
256 mb pc133 ram
GeForce2 GTS 32 mb
Soundblaster LIVE! soundcard
32 bit desktop color depth and 1024x768 resolution (optimal refresh rate)
several gigs of hd space free
latest mame32k from TFR
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Kurgan » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:46 am

Make that Mame32k .66 ; )
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback