O.K. where can I grab 0.64?

This is where all archives of old posts go that were related to any versions of MAME that have been obsoleted. This sub-forum is read only.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

O.K. where can I grab 0.64?

Postby isamu » Wed May 18, 2005 1:19 pm

O.K. I just hopped on kaillera yesterday for the first tme in over a year with HK2aillera and whattaya-know.....mojob is still using 0.64. Aint that 'bout a bitch? I tried YELLING to them "HEY....ASSHOLES! Do you guys realize there is a much MUCH better version of Mame with kaillera support called HK2aillera? You guys should go grab it now!".....but no....they won't listen.

::sigh::

So can anyone please hook me up with a link to 0.64 so I can....::sigh::....go backwards and play with the majority again? Thanks in advance.
isamu

Postby Moosehead » Wed May 18, 2005 2:06 pm

Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby isamu » Thu May 19, 2005 2:44 am

Moosehead wrote:http://www.anti3d.com/downloads.php

Thanks moosehead.

Hey mooshead.....any idea what it's gonna take to get through to the knuckleheads and convert them over to HK2aillera?
isamu

Postby Moosehead » Thu May 19, 2005 1:26 pm

There is no incentive to switch right now. .64 works reasonably well, takes less memory actually than newer version, and most players have the roms that it uses. The fact that you have to find new roms for the new versions is a big drawback.

People will switch when 1 of 2 things happens... Somebody emulates MVC2 or some other game that tons of people want to play, but can't on .64. Or somebody comes up with a better, less laggy, more stable, network plugin that doesn't run in .64.
Check out the EmuLinker kaillera server rebuild project: http://www.emulinker.org
Moosehead

Postby isamu » Sun May 22, 2005 6:25 am

Moosehead wrote:There is no incentive to switch right now. .64 works reasonably well, takes less memory actually than newer version, and most players have the roms that it uses. The fact that you have to find new roms for the new versions is a big drawback.

People will switch when 1 of 2 things happens... Somebody emulates MVC2 or some other game that tons of people want to play, but can't on .64. Or somebody comes up with a better, less laggy, more stable, network plugin that doesn't run in .64.

While I agree with your second paragraph, I must point out one thing regarding the r0m upgrade/changes....if people really want to get the latest roms with the upgrades and changes, all they have to do is order the dvd set from rommania. He has the ENTIRE mame romset all upgraded and ready to play in HK2aillera. It's only like $12 for crying out loud! There is no excuse for them not to come out the pocket and give rommania a little change to the get entire up to date r0m set instead of hassling with downloads. Once this happends, everyone can be on the same page and can use HK2aillera without any problems.

I tried out 0.64k again for the first time in a while. After messing around with HK2aillera, I can't even touch 0.64k ever again. I don't know what changes the author of HK did, but for some reason the screen is so much brighter and crispier than it is on 0.64. It reminds me of the way an old dos version use to look with "Tweak" enabled. So awesome. Plus the GUI is options/filters are soooo much better than 0.64k.

::sigh:: hopefully people will see the light soon.
isamu

Postby Andre » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:52 pm

hk trouble when i download it and tells me this...it keeps saying this to me Error while Loading DDL unicows .dll The application will teminate now. every other mame work's for me besides this one. it work along time when i download it off of kaillera forum but now i dont get it.. Moosehead what's wrong with your hk.. if it works why do you send it to me the reason i ask this cause im missing a dll file to the emulator
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Andre » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:54 pm

isamu noone will switch mame 64 to hk because hk roms are rare to find and most people like mvc there is no point of switch
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Moosehead » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:14 pm

People keep tellin me they get a DLL error with H2Kaillera, but I downloaded the one on anti3d, and it works fine for me, no problems or errors.
Moosehead

Postby Andre » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:08 pm

how can we fix this problem with the hk emulator
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Andre » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:09 pm

is there another web site besides anti3d.com to download the hk im pretty sure it will work if you download it somewhere eles..
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Kurgan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:25 am

isamu wrote:While I agree with your second paragraph, I must point out one thing regarding the r0m upgrade/changes....if people really want to get the latest roms with the upgrades and changes, all they have to do is order the dvd set from rommania. He has the ENTIRE mame romset all upgraded and ready to play in HK2aillera. It's only like $12 for crying out loud! There is no excuse for them not to come out the pocket and give rommania a little change to the get entire up to date r0m set instead of hassling with downloads. Once this happends, everyone can be on the same page and can use HK2aillera without any problems.

I tried out 0.64k again for the first time in a while. After messing around with HK2aillera, I can't even touch 0.64k ever again. I don't know what changes the author of HK did, but for some reason the screen is so much brighter and crispier than it is on 0.64. It reminds me of the way an old dos version use to look with "Tweak" enabled. So awesome. Plus the GUI is options/filters are soooo much better than 0.64k.

::sigh:: hopefully people will see the light soon.

Well technically selling Mame (or selling Mame packed with roms, or selling mame roms) is illegal AND in violation of the Mame liscense (the only people allowed to sell these games are the companies or individuals that made them), so I can understand why people would be reluctant to try it.

Most people aren't going to play all the games in Mame, so why would they need them all?

And besides, a good chunk of those games are not multiplayer ready (or aren't playable). So for purposes of Kaillera, thousands of those games are useless.

I once calculated an entire Mame romset as something like 32 gigs (that's including those humungous hard drive images that only a few games use, laggy games that nobody plays online anyway). Let's say you wanted to pack them all up in one collection, that's 7 DVD-Rs (at 4.7 gigs per disc). At Wal-Mart you can buy DVD-R's for like 56 cents a disc (if you buy in bulk like spindles of 25, 50, 100, etc). DVDR's are like 3x more expensive than CDR's but hold 6x the data, so it's actually more worthwhile to go this route, and any fool with a DVD-ROM drive can read 'em. So anyway, for 7 discs that's only $3.92

Round that up and that's still only $4. And how much do seven cd-sized discs in paper sleeves inside bubble wrap weigh? Not a whole lot, so where is he getting this "12 dollars" rubbish? Smells like a scheme to make money. I've seen some of those sites before, they claim to be doing stuff "at cost, as a service" but I think that's stretching it. And with faster burners he can't be arguing that it's "work" for him to burn these discs on his PC and put them into packages to send to dupes, I mean customers. Sure, downloading all those games would be work, and keeping them "up to date" every month would be work, but still. I'm sure he has another source of income than sitting at his computer all day shilling copies of games he got from somebody else (not like he dumped them himself from the original r0m boards/carts/discs!).

So I wouldn't advise paying a single cent to these guys for a "complete mame set." Maybe they aren't being as greedy as the people auctioning off mame discs on ebay, but they're making money, to be sure, and it's a risk. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank next month when another hundred megs of games come out and you have to buy his "at cost" set again.

And before you ask, no, I am not a burned former customer, I just see the logic of the situation, I think.

"In reality" the .64 maniacs basically play a small library of about 20 games and that's it (the same list of games supported by Nebula, Kawaks, FinalBurn, etc). If the goal was merely to please these folks there's really no reason for further development of Kaillera. Any changes will piss them off and be ignored.

Then again I find it hard to believe that even the diehard .64 cultists would argue against removal of the various game crashing/lagging hacks out there and improved stability.

I guess it's mostly herd mentality that prevents progress here. A bunch of kids and Korean gamers are stuck in the "I'm going to beat you at Street Fighter 2!" mode where they walk around the rooms looking for fights and cuss you out if they win/lose. These guys won't listen to reason, they're in their own little world.
They actually get angry and resort to profanity and insults when improved versions are even mentioned. They demand that people "shut up" and not try to "force them" to upgrade (I laugh to think how somebody like me could "force" them to upgrade!).

And they just don't want to change. At least they're not the kids who spend hours trying to shut down game servers and play-act at being "hackers."
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby Andre » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:50 pm

i just need help running the hk emulator but noone seems to be helping me one bit... People keep tellin me they get a DLL error with H2Kaillera, but I downloaded the one on anti3d, and it works fine for me, no problems or errors. Moosehead can you send me hk since it works for you. that's the only way or whoever eles out there
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Moosehead » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:47 pm

, but I downloaded the one on anti3d, and it works fine for me, no problems or errors

If it works for you, what is the problem? Why do you want me to send it to you?
Moosehead

Postby Andre » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:10 pm

Moosehead it doesnt work for me.. im missing a dll file is missing that's why im asking your help whice is i need help running it to make it work
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Postby Andre » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:49 am

what is the big deal just send me hk or the dll file and that's simple do give me bull poop bout the hk im missing a stupid ass file and that's it... what's the big deal out of this Moosehead arent you the guy who made hk to begin with you should no these type of problems
Andre
Die-Hard Member

Next

Return to MAME Archives