[MAME] Kaillera specialty games???? (3 or 4 player games)

Announce and share your kaillera mods here.

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

[MAME] Kaillera specialty games???? (3 or 4 player games)

Postby bigballer101 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:51 pm

where do i get tha specialty games for kaillera and what program would i have 2 use such as captain america and tha avengers 4 players Kaillera or marvel vs capcom 4 players for kaillera where do i get these!!! ive been dieing all day
bigballer101

Postby Kurgan » Mon May 14, 2007 4:53 am

Check the announcements section and read up. ;)

To get games, your best bet is either to google "t o r r e n t" (remove spaces) and "mame roms."

Mameworld.net is another good place to start. Hint: Clrmamepro
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby dandesousa » Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 pm

Kurgan wrote:Check the announcements section and read up. ;)

To get games, your best bet is either to google "t o r r e n t" (remove spaces) and "mame roms."

Mameworld.net is another good place to start. Hint: Clrmamepro

:P Support the cause!

Lots of sites have them, some 4 player modded games will say (4 player for kaillera) or something along the same lines to tell you it is the 4 player version!

Some, however, do not tell you that they in fact do support 4+ players!

~dan
http://daroms.com - The Place for Da Roms!
dandesousa

Postby Kurgan » Wed May 16, 2007 5:48 am

Apparently all these are, are ram hacks of the regular games.

You can turn the 2 player version of Combatribes into the 3 player version for example by going into the dipswitch (F2) menu and changing it, and restarting.

The issue is that certain versions mame32k don't save these nvram changes when you play online. So changing the number of players won't work, it just desynchs everyone.

HKaillera saves the changes, which is another reason why you can play with cheats if everyone has cheat.dat and high scores too if I'm not mistaken.

But say Mame32 Plus! Plus! won't, so you need the unique "4 players for Kaillera" hacks.

It's a pity though, that we don't have a hack for say "Joust - 100 lives" or something, because some games cheats really improve online. I love to be able to play Joust competatively. In the normal game however, as soon as you run out of lives, that's it, the other player just keeps playing alone forever, so if you want to deathmatch, you can only really do so at the early point of the game. And games with limited continues are also a bother if you just want to play through with two people (thinking the Contra series here for example).
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Re: [MAME] Kaillera specialty games???? (3 or 4 player games

Postby gothic_hobbit » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Bump
gothic_hobbit
Die-Hard Member

Return to Kaillera Modifications