Is Project 64 compatible with Kaillera?

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Postby Athelstone » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:30 am

You can only use Kaillera with "Project 64 k", which you can download here.

http://www.project64k.tk/

Unfortunately, you cannot use kaillera with the latest version of Project 64 (v1.6). This is because the guys who made Project 64 have not released the source code to the latest version of their emulator, which is needed to integrate Kaillera into the emulator.
Last edited by Athelstone on Wed May 31, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athelstone

Postby Sumo2 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:11 pm

The project64 kaillera is a SUPER bandwidth consumer.
I notice that, when a user start a game (i.e.SMASH BROS), the upload rate for this game is about 15kbps (the consuption of bandwith per game in another emulators is about 3 to 4kpbs). All other users playing are then LAGged.
Tested with the emulinker server.

Project64 kaillera is a big stuck.
:)
Sumo2

Postby RottNKorpse » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:58 pm

I know this is old but some people are probably wondering about this...

PJ64K works with kaillera but isnt the best emu for online play...even though it works alright.

the suggestion above about asking for the source is not good advice because they did it one time and have said that it wont happen again.

HOWEVER the original programmers who made PJ64 are working on a new version and they are working on netplay...they havent said when the netplay will be added but I'm a beta tester so I will let ya know if they get a date for the netplay but no I wont give you any beta downloads because well we're not allowed.
RottNKorpse

Postby civilian » Sat May 27, 2006 4:17 am

Yes...A lot of project 64 donators hate kaillera because of their slow dialup internet. Even then, for them to develop their own netplay system would be retarded because thngs they complain about like common desynchronization and big delays can be reduced with current state of kaillera.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby RottNKorpse » Tue May 30, 2006 9:39 am

sorry to inform you striker but no PJ64 1.7 will probably not have netplay...the team said netplay is more of a long term goal and they are worried more with compatiblity and such and they dont want to release a shotty netplay emu anyway.

killerCivilian, after talking with a few of the team its planned for now to use kaillera as a basis however there is plan to somehow improve the source to make it work fluidly with pj64. I cant reveal anymore information as it is still in beta but I dont see the harm in what I've said in this post so dont count PJ64 out just yet...
RottNKorpse

Postby civilian » Wed May 31, 2006 12:36 am

compatibility...yeah...they must be really excited with new x86 compatible 64-bit processors...

but yeah...From a programmer point if view...I dont see now how they would need to "improve the source to make it work fluidly with pj64." Its just another "read in from port" based system. If they have problems regarding understanding how kaillera works...or how to implement it properly...we are here to help.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Is Project 64 compatible with Kaillera

Postby m.danielSag » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:52 am

Hey ppl

I really enjoy Kaillera, keep up the good work

Now, on to the question...

Ive been looking for a SunOS compatible Kaillera Server but I cant find any binary that works on this OS SunOS 5.7, would it be possible to release a SunOS compatible version?
m.danielSag

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback