Website/Forums back! New Files Released!

Give your feedback on Kaillera, make suggestions for new features or improvements to existing features

Moderators: toqer, gothic_hobbit, civilian, okaygo

Website/Forums back! New Files Released!

Postby Kurgan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:17 pm

Due to a bad hard drive, the website was down for a long long (way too long) time. But we're back now!

Actually while it was down, you could still play kaillera games, though you couldn't load up the master server list in kaillera. You could enter IP's manually and play or use your "recently viewed" list to join servers.

Anti-3D even setup an alternate server list in the meantime. Kudos!

Anyway, check out these new file links, lots of great stuff has been released recently to help you all out!

Anti3D.com's kailleraclient.dll v1.1 !

http://www.anti3d.com/downloads.php

HKaillera V9!

http://www.buddhateam.swissmame.net/

Also I talked to Christophe (the creator of Kaillera) and he's alive and well, so to the folks who said otherwise, ha! ;)
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby isamu » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:46 pm

Whoah! Chris is acually ALIVE? Well Im glad to hear it :)

What did he say? I mean....does he have *ANY* intention whatsoever to get involved with Kaillera again? Or at least release the source?
isamu

Postby RottNKorpse » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:54 am

and months later I respond with...

any word on Chris comming back or releasing source...I would be more than willing to work on the source if he did release it.
RottNKorpse

Postby Kurgan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:11 pm

Nope, sorry, sadly I emailed him and he never responded. I tried again weeks later and still nothing. I guess he's gone into hibernation again. :(

Too bad really, because his last couple of emails made it really sound like he was coming back or continuing work on the project. Instead he just disappears again.

Oh well, if he released something, anything, we'd be overjoyed, but so far that hasn't happened.

My advice then, if you want to improve Kaillera, volunteer to help guys like Moosehead, at anti3d and emulinker and the Buddhateam guys of HKaillera fame. That's where the development is and they could use your help!
Set your mojob mame color in display to match your stupid ass desktop color to avoid black screen in netplay, fukaz. t(';'t -TFR, AD 2-20-02
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby civilian » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:26 pm

Kaillera will die soon enough. I belive it has been more than 3 months since its ownership was changed and still nothing. As for this site...think he will keep it running till some time 2008. People don't usually leave projects unless they are done with them or are tired of them.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby dandesousa » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:51 am

Well, since I've started using kaillera, the total player count is staying stable, and if not, increased. It's hanging around 700-800 which is pretty good considering it is not a commercial project.

~dan
http://daroms.com - The Place for Da Roms!
dandesousa

Postby Kurgan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 pm

Even if Christophe were to take down the master server and his page (heaven forbid), kaillera could still live on, thanks to the alternate master servers now possible because of emulinker. Of course somebody would have to be dedicated enough to run one, but still.

If christophe can do it, somebody else can as well.
Kurgan
"Kaillera For Life"

Postby civilian » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:25 am

dandesousa wrote:Well, since I've started using kaillera, the total player count is staying stable, and if not, increased. It's hanging around 700-800 which is pretty good considering it is not a commercial project.

~dan
I'm sure its more than that. I dont know how you got that figure but most people dont refresh lists everyday and go into random servers.

People will leave kaillera behind just like the computers of the previous century. A product like this wont even make it to museums like those old computers.
I slipped up. I lack discipline!
civilian
Lord of the Trolls

Postby dandesousa » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:06 pm

I was speaking about the stats at kaillera.com!
http://daroms.com - The Place for Da Roms!
dandesousa

Website/Forums back New Files Released

Postby m.danielSag » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Seriously though, is this a joke, or does it work? I havent done anything kaillera related in awhile, so anything new is nice unless it sucks...

Im only unlocking this for any serious replies, jus
m.danielSag

Return to Kaillera Suggestions and Feedback